Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! LEAF SPRING BOLT

NYCDGS

Hi Guys, I need help, don't know how this happened think it was the previous owner, but this bolt is broken I saw a thread from 2015 the person bought it on ebay for a c6 corvette, but can't seem to find the part, the only thing broken is the bolt and nut, can anyone help with part number, or where I can get one?

Attachments

• 20230404_132917.jpg
    20230404_132917.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 81
  • 20230404_132954.jpg
    20230404_132954.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 76
  • 20230404_133005.jpg
    20230404_133005.jpg
    857 KB · Views: 84
Howdy,
Try here perhaps:

Alternate with no doubt, a somewhat stiffer ride:

I wouldn't be too concerned about front / rear & model / year. It's a bolt and it's adjustable.

Sure hope the bushing in the leaf spring isn't too mangled - I did the rears on mine and both bolts were seized and spun the bushings -which- by the way, are just glued in with epoxy. If yours do spin out, free them from what remains of the bolt, clean up the bore and epoxy 'em back in place. It's yet another faulted design on the XLR as the bushing height is lower than that of the spring so that means it's bound to accumulate water and other shtuff.

There's a flimsy locking washer on the top (paper thin) and in my case, well I replaced the bushings completely with home-made that rise higher than the spring and accept a real nut (custom). Soooo, a real nut and a washer would be a more tidy fix, just goop that pocket on top of the bushing with a good grease to fend off the guaranteed accumulation.

HTH!

Gord

Howdy,
Try here perhaps:

Alternate with no doubt, a somewhat stiffer ride:

I wouldn't be too concerned about front / rear & model / year. It's a bolt and it's adjustable.

Sure hope the bushing in the leaf spring isn't too mangled - I did the rears on mine and both bolts were seized and spun the bushings -which- by the way, are just glued in with epoxy. If yours do spin out, free them from what remains of the bolt, clean up the bore and epoxy 'em back in place. It's yet another faulted design on the XLR as the bushing height is lower than that of the spring so that means it's bound to accumulate water and other shtuff.

There's a flimsy locking washer on the top (paper thin) and in my case, well I replaced the bushings completely with home-made that rise higher than the spring and accept a real nut (custom). Soooo, a real nut and a washer would be a more tidy fix, just goop that pocket on top of the bushing with a good grease to fend off the guaranteed accumulation.

HTH!

Hi Gord, thank you. My mechanic will replace it, I appreciate all your information, we did order from Derby City

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom