Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Lloyd's Floor Mats

bikemanbrad

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 black XLR
Just wondering if anyone has the embroidered XLR floor mats.
Was mixed up by their site due to offering black and Ebony...I assume the ebony issue a drop lighter and matches the XLR interior I have being Caddy called it ebony.
They also offer 4 different materials.
Thanks

He
Just wondering if anyone has the embroidered XLR floor mats.
Was mixed up by their site due to offering black and Ebony...I assume the ebony issue a drop lighter and matches the XLR interior I have being Caddy called it ebony.
They also offer 4 different materials.
Thanks

Our V has the ebony interior, the Lloyd mats we got trying to match it ended up a shade darker. Unfortunately kind of makes the other carpet look faded. If you can wait until the weekend I can look for the invoice & see if it gives color specifics. I’m so slammed with work I don’t have time until then.

Because it’s so hard to get a perfect match I generally go for contrast, so I don’t look like I tried to match & failed. So on our base with the shale interior we went with darker brownish mats that are different enough there’s no pretending we were trying it match.

Beyond that Lloyd mats are an awesome buy.

Bikemanbrad -

Couldn’t find the invoice but did find the “inspection card” which lists the color as 118. As I said, that’s a shade darker than the OEM carpet in the car. You may want to contact Lloyd’s and ask what is a slightly lighter shade of black than that. We bought our mats about 6 years ago so hopefully Lloyd’s is using the same color codes.

Also bear in mind our V is an ‘07 so I have no idea if there is any variation in interior shades of black from ‘05 to ‘07.

Hope that info helps you some. By the way, like your Caddy collection in your album. Looks like you’re a coupe/roadster/2 door car fan - so am I!

Thanks for the compliment, yes have owned many Eldorados but always wanted the XLR.
Wow , you have two of them....do you still enjoy the base after owning the V ?
Yes , the mats are called ebony...just held off until the samples they sent me are received due to being confused with the 4 materials they offer.
Have them in my Alfa for 20-30 years but don't know what the material is.....but theyret real embroidery.....lloyd Ll are as well ??
Thanks Again, Brad

Thanks for the compliment, yes have owned many Eldorados but always wanted the XLR.
Wow , you have two of them....do you still enjoy the base after owning the V ?
Yes , the mats are called ebony...just held off until the samples they sent me are received due to being confused with the 4 materials they offer.
Have them in my Alfa for 20-30 years but don't know what the material is.....but theyret real embroidery.....lloyd Ll are as well ??
Thanks Again, Brad

I had an ‘84 Eldorado Biarritz years ago, yellow with a stainless steel top, absolutely beautiful car but the HT4100 engine, not so much...

The V is actually more my husband’s ride - told him to get his own XLR when he kept texting me at work that he was joy riding in mine during lunch :reddevil - but I drive it plenty enough. I do still enjoy the base, it’s more relaxing to me to drive because it’s easy to get a little too loose with the V, and I can get the base to do everything I need. The V is just so smooth & easy with power output, I feel like I have to pay a lot more attention to what I’m doing when I’m in it. I want to be lazier when I’m cruising with the top down.

Hope your mats turn out great!

I also had the '84 Biarritz in all white, burgundy interior...found it in 1994 with 11,000 miles on it but the 4100 seized at 55,000...I really loved that car...it still resembled the old bigger Eldorados having the lamp monitors, etc.....just missed having a sunroof though.
The Eldorados I have now are with the Northstars and my 1995 had 212,000 miles and the engine ran as smooth and nice as new when I sold it.

I also had the '84 Biarritz in all white, burgundy interior...found it in 1994 with 11,000 miles on it but the 4100 seized at 55,000...I really loved that car...it still resembled the old bigger Eldorados having the lamp monitors, etc.....just missed having a sunroof though.
The Eldorados I have now are with the Northstars and my 1995 had 212,000 miles and the engine ran as smooth and nice as new when I sold it.

You made out better than me on the Biarritz, mine had 65k when I got it (later found out that’s the average lifespan of that engine), I put on another 20k before it got to the point I had to add a quart of oil every 200 miles. Then I said goodbye. HT4100 wasn’t any Northstar!

I know this is off the topic, but I had two Eldorados with the alleged "grenade" engine, except they never blew for me. My first was an Eldorado Touring coupe. I bought it from my parents. It had 68 K on it. They had tried to give it to me. but something for nothing costs too much. Anyway, they bought it new in '83 and within 6 K had to have the cam, lifters, timing chain and water pump replaced by GM (recall) . At 135 K I restored it to like new. I drove it to 242 K without incident. Did regular maintenance and made sure to change the oil every 3 K and watched the water. Never did anything to the internals of the engine. The guy I sold it to drove it for another 5 K, then he sold it. That guy got 7 K out of it and I found it in the local junkyard. Never knew what had happened. It was the nicest looking junker in the yard.

The next was an '85 triple White convertible (blue dash, carpet). I got it with 55 K on the clock and drove it to 260. Never had an issue. Did regular maintenance. 3 k oil changes, just like the TC. Never did anything to the block or internals. . Sold it to a guy from Fort Lauderdale.

Both were great cars. Neither ever had oil issues. Had those digital dashes flashing 85 a few times. : )

Bill

Last edited:
What color from Lloyd's website matches the carpet that came with the Cashmere interior?

What color from Lloyd's website matches the carpet that came with the Cashmere interior?

I didn’t find any that looked like they would & went with a darker/brownish shade. You can see a picture of it in my garage. If you’re interested I can try to look up what color I got.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom