Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Member - 2009 Cadillac XLR

Heya, Dan From PA, Welcome to the forum and funky world of XLR! The first thing I want to mentions is you need to check your main car battery, even if that's a fairly new battery a low or bad battery will cause these cars to act funky. We have an 05 with 103K which we purchased in March of 2011, so I've been around the block a few times....LOL. here is an example I had last year. The car was doing some of the things you mentioned like the FOB acting weird, changed the FOB battery. And 2 days later it would not unlock the door, then I came to find out the main battery was going bad and while talking about that these cars need to be on a battery tender if the car is setting more then about a 2 week period without being started. Now you did say about the cable being loose maybe it is not fully charging the battery, but I have never had a problem with terminals not staying tight on the post, and that could be your whole problem. Oh BTW cleaning the door contacts should not have anything to do with the symptoms you're experiencing. I was told these cars have around 48 computers to run this car, which is the reason for the battery drain, during no starting to recharge it, there are things that you will hear making noise when the car is just sitting in the garage. Good luck, do some searches and read the information here on the forum, there is a lot knowledgable XLR information here from past and present XLR owners and even few mechanics that's been under the hood, in the trunk, and everywhere else on these amazing cars. Anymore questions shout out!

Hi Dan :wave:, How did the cruise go? Hope you and Wendy had a great time! Me? Well the garage addition is now finally soon underway as Winter is now over, finally! Last Fall I had thought I could get all approvals and permitting done in around 3 weeks time frame. Duh. Not! Try almost 3 months! Then with freezing winter weather did not want to take the chance on many thousands of dollars of wet concrete freezing and being ruined. The Excavator Guy arrives June 3rd to dig the 4' deep pit for the Engineered Foundation. Footing and stem walls. So now, best guess, the whole thing should be up and closed in by no later than mid July. As previously mentioned this turns the attached two car garage into a four car garage. --- Might even be six (6) cars IF I put in a two car storage lift? Two on top and two underneath. We shall see? I am using Scissor Trusses for the vaulted ceiling on the addition for such clearance.
Best wishes to you and Wendy!

Last edited:
Hey Charles, all is well here in Pa. in the Outback Caddy Shack we installed a new Mr Heater from the ceiling just yesterday, as the Thermablaster wall heater, was an unvented open flame an was causing to much moisture in the air and would make a sweating issue on windows and doors. Who would of known open flame produces and emits water into the air! I know I didn’t know that! As for the cruise, let’s just say it wasn’t best cruise we ever been on, weather storms caused high waves and held up sailing issues, off the Carolina coast, Wendy had got influenza and we got quarantined in our cabin for 2 days, lucky they were sailing days! Over all though at least it was a warmer get away from PA in February for our 40th Anniversary
f975196e66bd90129da1d660541d32d4.jpg

895bad5af618b06390f2cbed73897f14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Hope you get your problems sorted and I would not be surprised if many of them are battery related. As per the cruise control, the only trouble I ever had with mine was due to a juicy bug splattering on the lense panel in front of it. It had translucent guts (and no body left as evidence) that were difficult to see at first. I am going to guess you car has been tenderly washed since so this is likely not the problem, but perhaps if you killed the cousin to my bug.....

Welcome to the forum. Hope you get your problems sorted and I would not be surprised if many of them are battery related. As per the cruise control, the only trouble I ever had with mine was due to a juicy bug splattering on the lense panel in front of it. It had translucent guts (and no body left as evidence) that were difficult to see at first. I am going to guess you car has been tenderly washed since so this is likely not the problem, but perhaps if you killed the cousin to my bug.....

Hi Gray - thanks for welcoming me! Slowly, but surely, figuring out this machine. Regarding the cruise control, I cleaned it up - and, I think, I found the culprit when I did: a monarch butterfly. Gulp! It very well could have been the cousin to your bug!

Looking forward to helping around this community!

Jay

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back