Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Long time listener, First time caller!

XLR8ED

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Platinum Silver XLR-Z
What's up at XLR Net? Just dropping in for the first time. My car is currently under build right now and wanted to get to know everyone.

I am working on my 2004 XLR and have recently redone the suspension as the factory spring and struts were shot.

Parts were replaced with a Z51 suspension package from a donor 2009 Corvette.

I kept the magnetic shock setup and really happy with the results. Car drives like glass!

In addition to the springs and struts getting swapped I also added a new C6 Steinjager sway bar to the front to tighten it up.

I then fitted the car with a set of Dusk Edition Camaro 21 inch wheels and tires. This was a challenge but nothing a great machinist can't fix. Center bore was too small.

The wheels were powder coated Gloss Black and fitted over the standard brake setup.

What I plan to get out of this? I always thought Cadilliac would continue to improve on this platform, they didn't.., so I am building a frankstein, a monster.

Where Corvette truly meets Cadillac.

The XLR-Z.

-XLR8ED :wave:

20160824_183045.jpg20160924_165208.jpg20160924_165210.jpg20160924_173916.jpg

Last edited:
What's up at XLR Net? Just dropping in for the first time. My car is currently under build right now and wanted to get to know everyone.

I am working on my 2004 XLR and have recently redone the suspension as the factory spring and struts were shot.

Parts were replaced with a Z51 suspension package from a donor 2009 Corvette.

I kept the magnetic shock setup and really happy with the results. Car drives like glass!

In addition to the springs and struts getting swapped I also added a new C6 Steinjager sway bar to the front to tighten it up.

I then fitted the car with a set of Dusk Edition Camaro 21 inch wheels and tires. This was a challenge but nothing a great machinist can't fix. Center bore was too small.

The wheels were powder coated Gloss Black and fitted over the standard brake setup.

What I plan to get out of this? I always thought Cadilliac would continue to improve on this platform, they didn't.., so I am building a frankstein, a monster.

Where Corvette truly meets Cadillac.

The XLR-Z.

-XLR8ED :wave:

View attachment 6690View attachment 6691View attachment 6692View attachment 6693

Welcome to the forum, great forum, great friends, great information! Hope to meet you at one of the XLR trips gathering one of these days! Cruz'on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back