Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Looking at 2006 xlr any suggestions?

Remember, just don't settle for one, get the one you really want. When we were looking, we found an '06 silver for a good price, but it was a red one or not one at all. Several days later I found what became our XLR at almost the same price.

It took 6 months to find our V using only the criteria of low miles & "clean" service records (i.e., no major problems or recurrent ones), plus a max price cap. We screened probably a half dozen of them based on service records before looking deeper into the one we ended up with. If you throw in a particular color, I would think it would take longer, if you're being careful not to inherit someone's problem child. I would have preferred almost any other color besides black because it scratches if you breathe on it - but for our purposes we picked one that seemed pretty problem-free over picking a particular color.

Also, since V's are rare, the one you decide you want may end up being some distance away. Just be sure you don't buy it sight unseen - we did that & pretty much just got lucky, although we covered ourselves as best we could with various inspections. There are horror stories on here of others that weren't so lucky.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom