Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Looking for crate 09 V engine remove 09 platinum

Gootis

My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Platinum
I own an 09 Platinum and want to put a V engine in it. Any recommendations of who has one and and do this swap for me or other recommendations? My engine has just under 16k on it.

you really dont want to do that. Sell your car and buy a V. cheaper and will it retain the value. A platinum with a v swap may not be worth what a stock Platinum is .its not just a bolt in and will take a lot of work many many hours and much $$$$$ I would guess 20-25,000 and you will just wind up with a "close to V" car. If you had an 04-05 with a bad engine an LS swap or an lt4 might make a unique and cool/fast car. If I find one I might even do a manual transmission swap which really does not make sense over the automatic . haha
either requires about the same amount of work and when you get thru the LS would out preform the V unless you do a lot of addons and upgrades to the V. just my 2 cents worth.

Finding parts for the V are getting just about impossible. If you are going to spend the loot, I would recommend an LSA.

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back