Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Looking For Passenger Side Sun Visor, Shale in Color-

Wife's XLR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2016 ATS-V Coupe; 2004 XLR
FOUND IT!!!

Looking For Passenger Side Sun visor in Shale color in very good to excellent condition.

Please contact me either at my personal email, rivieman5215@gmail.com, or by text or call to my cell phone, 727-688-8739, or finally here thru my forum email or this thread.

Thanks so much,

Wife's XLR/ Sal

Last edited:

Popbigguy-

thanks but the only 2 colors in SMC's parts inventory for XLR sunshades are Neutral Shale and Medium Neutral. It has to say "Shale" and only Shale or it will not match. Neutral Shale is like Shale but it has a little Silver tint to it and it does not match Shale.
Thanks anyway, I appreciate you trying to help.

Sal

Sal,

There weren't different colors of shale for the XLR. There was Shale, Ebony and Cashmere. SMC Performance bought out the inventory at the Bowling Green plant when the XLR's were discontinued, so I'm pretty sure the sunvisor he has in stock will work for you. He's a great guy to deal with; perhaps give him a call and find out if you can return it if it doesn't match.

Popbigguy-

thanks but the only 2 colors in SMC's parts inventory for XLR sunshades are Neutral Shale and Medium Neutral. It has to say "Shale" and only Shale or it will not match. Neutral Shale is like Shale but it has a little Silver tint to it and it does not match Shale.
Thanks anyway, I appreciate you trying to help.

Sal

Sun visor matching

Thanks cubby558. Didn't have time today but I will call them tomorrow and double check...this is one of those times in a man's life that he wishes he's wrong. lol. Thanks again for the direction. :thumbsup

Sal

Thanks cubby558. Didn't have time today but I will call them tomorrow and double check...this is one of those times in a man's life that he wishes he's wrong. lol. Thanks again for the direction. :thumbsup

Sal

cubby558-

SMC parts says what they have is the right color for the Shale interior.

I'm asking them if the have the left side too only with the Home Link; what they do have is the left side but without the Home Link. IO should hear back sometime today if not 1st thing tomorrow morning.

Mucho Gracias

What about me?

popbigguy, sorry about that! Sometimes when I read thru some of the thread questions and replies, I get lost with who started the idea when---my bad. :dunno: You too deserve a pat on the head as well! LOL :chuckle

Thank you both! Now if I can only find a driver's side sun visor with Home Link for a Shale interior.....:rolleyes:

Great Forum and thanks to Everybody!!!

Wife's XLR / Sal

Found it!

Problem Solved! I purchased a new one from SMC Auto Parts and just got it a few days ago...PURFECT!

Thanks again to cubby558 and Popbigguy
who helped and ultimately sent me in the
right direction.

Wife's XLR / Sal

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC