Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Lowest priced V in the country still available in CA

XLR-V

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black XLR/V
Priced reduced from 18K now at $13,995, yes it has 210K miles (thus the super low price) BUT nothing major is wrong, clear car fax, runs good (its my daily driver) top works, only a couple sensors are malfunctioning ie: tire, fuel, ignition FOB, currently listed on CARS.COM. Serious only may e-mail me at lapazapa@protonmail.com

Attachments

• 20190725_114856.jpg
    20190725_114856.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 394
  • 20190725_114847.jpg
    20190725_114847.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 392
  • 20190725_114817.jpg
    20190725_114817.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 400
  • 20190725_114639.jpg
    20190725_114639.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 407
  • 20190725_113121.jpg
    20190725_113121.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 388
  • 20190725_113115.jpg
    20190725_113115.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
This looks like a good parts car. The headlights and tail lights alone are worth 5 to 6 grand. The body panels, doors, bumper, trunck assembly are worth around 5 grand parted on Ebay. Take that hand built engine out, rebuild it with 2 grand of parts and labor, then worth 6 grand or more. Rebuild tranny, get 2 grand. If I had the time, I'd bite.

Hey

have to agree with you there Z1, but I'm wondering why there are no pics of the rear .

Bill

Hummm just a couple of bad sensors? That’s probably at least a couple of grand in repairs.

Hummm just a couple of bad sensors? That’s probably at least a couple of grand in repairs.

They don't bother me, but yes the gas, tire and ignition sensors are bad. Have no idea on the cost to repair. I replaced the cargo sensor for 200.00. This is not a new car and does that mean you think I'm asking too much for this car as is? Maybe, it's not sold yet :)

Actually I hope not as I have an 07 V with 227000 miles on it. But from what I have read, fuel sensor alone will cost $1800 to $4000 to replace. Just expect low ball offers from anyone that knows what it’s going to cost. Best wishes.

headlights ,taillights and v hood and grill is about all that really sell on ebay. The rest of the parts cost you almost what you get to ship them. At least in CAli you are close enough for people to come get parts should yo ug othat way.

You are right. I usually do "Local Pickup Only" on eBay with big heavy items like the hood and doors or the roof. But the lighter, smaller stuff, like trim pieces, air bags, carpeting, HUD, computer modules, etc... that brings in money. Some XLR's are more valuable dead than alive.

if you watch ebay there used to be about 10 being parted out . There are about 50 right now. With each one being parted there is one less that needs parts . A dealer I deal with up in Oregon, bought one sold the main 6 or 8 items then crushed the rest becasue he looked at what parts were going for and his space was worth more. For an idividual there area few that sell some parts . There is a guy in Florida that wants about double for everything he has listed (about 250 parts) he hasn't sold anything in a year on ebay . Most likely just lists so people will contact him locally. But you are correct most cars are worth more for parts than they are all together if you are willing to pull parts ,box parts, ship part and then pay to have them returned with ebays easy return policy because someone changed their mind. HAHA

Seems like I've seen this before. The Allante. I had a '91. There are some still around, but I remember a few years (6 or 7) ago when it became increasingly clear that they were being bought up and parted out as they were worth more as parts . The second best day for me was the day I got rid of mine. Beautiful, sporty car, but it just nickle and dimed me to death. Very cheaply made ; lots of fragile plastic interior parts.

Hope the X does not get to that point. Yes, there are issues with parts availability and the cost level for repair, but it is such a better car than the Allante was.

Bill

Wow, thanks for that info. I have NOT done my homework lately. Things change quickly. I guess it's time to go shopping for parts. I still watch the headlights and taillights listings and they are wicked expensive.
As an eBay seller, I have long abandoned eBay's stupid and fraud encouraging "Satisfaction Guaranteed," policy. It's "NO RETURNS," ever and I add a little message at the bottom of my listings from my lawyer for good measure.

what ebay's no return policy means is the person can still for what ever reason .buyer remorse , did not fit , found a better deal, not as described, what ever they want to claim , they can file for a return. you can say you you do not accept returns. Ebay 90% of the time will rule in favor of the buyer and take the money away and give it to the buyer. If yo udo not accept returns then the person gets to keep the item on top of your refund .So its really not wise to not accept returns. You risk a refund and a lost item. what is really bad is to sell a new sealed item and the person returns it open . Now you have to discount the item as opened and loose . Many people are running away from ebay.

Amen.....if there was some other choice, id take all my toys and go. And if eBay isn't enough of a pain, there's PayPal, who freezes your money when a buyer files a claim and you got to dip in to your bank account to pay to ship the item back. Where's that shoot me emoji?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom