Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Mirror reading lights

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Well. I reset the body module, and now the left window doesn't go up the last 1/4 inch when the driver's door is shut,but the passenger side does???, and the reading lights still don't time out soon enough! What the "hay" is going on???? Seems like I might need a new "body Module." Gm Parts wants $197.31 for one! What to do?? Go to those thieves at The local Cadillac dealer and have them do a scan to see if that's the problem, and then tell me they don't have the part??? Anybody want to offer some advice??? GO FOR IT!!!!! These cars are an Electronic Monster for sure!!

Try indexing your windows. Hold both window buttons down. When the bottom out hold for 5 sec and release. Now hold both window buttons up and when they top out hold for 5 sec and release. It resets the top and bottom limits.
Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Than you so kindly sir! I'll try that!! Your post reminds me that I've seen a post in the past at some earlier point ( 6 months or so ago) about indexing the windows, but I forgot the term"indexing windows" or I could have researched that thread, but thanks again for your help!!

Thank you so much! it worked. and I noted it in my how to "Home repair" XLR note book!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom