Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

MOTOR OIL

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
The manual says to use Mobil1 5w30 motor oil that meets GM 4718M standard. What mobil1 oil meets that standard, and is it synthetic or just regular motor oil???

I googled it and found out that it is Advanceed Full Synthetic and there is a 'Star" on the bottom front of the container.

I went to O'reillys and got it, but no star on the container, just NASCAR APPROVED ON THE BOTTOM.

Did iI get the right oil?????

Last edited:
Mobil oils "Mobil 1" the first globally available full synthetic automotive motor oil...

The manual says to use Mobil1 5w30 motor oil that meets GM 4718M standard. What mobil1 oil meets that standard, and is it synthetic or just regular motor oil???

Morning Steve,

LMGTFY

GM4718M Registered Products .jpg

Synthetic motor oil brand – Mobil 1 History | Mobil™ Motor Oils

..."Mobil 1™ motor oil ... the first globally available full synthetic automotive motor oil. Though it was originally released to safely enhance fuel efficiency, later formulations of Mobil 1 motor oil offered outstanding wear protection over the widest range of temperatures...

;)

Thank you so much!! I just wrote a thread about what I purchased; Mobil1 5w30 Advanced Full Synthetic.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom