Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Nanotechnology finish for our car

S

smowre

I have a black 2009 XLR. I recently met Evan Kirk, who has detailed for and at Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale. You can find this on the web. Evan owns the North American rights to the automotive Nanotechnology from Japan. His business is called "Details by Evan Kirk".

This is a process applied to a perfectly rubbed/buffed out car finish that contains no silicon, yet protects the clear coat with what appears to be a dry "wet" look is the best I can describe it. It's beautiful, but expensive. Over $1200+.

It has a five-year warranty. No washing per se; duster and go. Pressure wash if dried medium or heavy dust/dirt. No soap. No wax.

The Ferrari club are big proponents of it here and several of the Penske dealers recommend it to their high end clientel. My Cadillac dealer sent me to him. So here's my question. Have any of you heard of this or had any experience with it?
Thanks,
Stan

Greetings and welcome to the forum.
I have never heard of this product and I know from experience that keeping a black car clean and shining is a labor of love. Take a look at my black 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Ltd. in my signature. Just my opinion you can get the same or similiar results for far less money, but it will take some elbow grease on your part. Take a look at AutoGeek.com Automotive Super Site, there is a wealth of detailing knowledge on there from amatures to professional detailers. They also have an extensive catalog of high end detailing products.

:cool:

Nanotechnology

Thank you. I have met Richard Griot and I like his products. Your Crossfire looks great by the way.
Stan

Thank you. I have met Richard Griot and I like his products. Your Crossfire looks great by the way.
Stan

Thanks for the compliment, with black cars you can have them washed and buffed turn your back and the car is covered in dust. It's just amazing how much dirt/dust can quickly accumulate on a car.
:cool:

Sounds like snake oil to me. Think about how hard that would have to be to never pick up minute scratches in 5 years of use. There is something that sounds similar, Cilajet "which was designed for aircraft", good hard shine, resistant to chemicals, but it doesn't give you a shine like reasonable waxing, and for $1200 that's a lot of waxing.
Bruce

Personally washing and waxing is a bonding experience for me and nothing beats a fresh wax! :worship:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom