Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Nav/sound system

klaptrapper

My XLR/V(s)
2006-V black, ebony
Above the push to on/off and volume control knob, there is a push button, to bring up a panel permitting the setting of some basic parameters, like display intensity etc. While mine has been working intermittently in the past, now it seems to be completely inert. I can hear the switch click, but there is no response.
Has anyone had a similar malfunction, and if so, how did you cure it? Any success having a dealer work on it? I do have an GM extended warrantee.
Perhaps disconnecting the battery and permitting the controler to reboot???
Thanks, folks
Rusty 06 V

I would take it to dealer, more than likely they will just replace it under warranty.

:cool:

Finally after at least 1000 tries in every conceivable mode, I got it to work. If I hit the screen button within 500 miliseconds after the on/off button, the display for screen control will appear ! Doubt if it is supposed to work that way, but on my car, it does.
thanks all
Rusty

Above the push to on/off and volume control knob, there is a push button, to bring up a panel permitting the setting of some basic parameters, like display intensity etc. While mine has been working intermittently in the past, now it seems to be completely inert. I can hear the switch click, but there is no response.
Has anyone had a similar malfunction, and if so, how did you cure it? Any success having a dealer work on it? I do have an GM extended warrantee.
Perhaps disconnecting the battery and permitting the controler to reboot???
Thanks, folks
Rusty 06 V

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry