Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Need a radiator support cross-member for my 2007

o2bndair

My XLR/V(s)
2007 Ebony/Cashmere
I am looking for a radiator support cross-member for my 2007. Any sources? Thanks-

I've busted mine twice. First time I took it to the local Caddy dealer: $2200! Second time I took it to my local highly-trusted and excellent general repair shop. He had a good aluminum welder who simply welded everything back in place: $200. Check around and see if you can find someone equivalent. And after the second event, I went to Cartoys and got a proximity warning sensor for the front bumper. Works great. No more bashed curbs.

just keep in mind it is a sacrificial item. It is made to bend or break to protect other items like the frame rails that you do not want to have to replace. They have very good aftermarket ones for 150$ now on ebay . they sell hundreds a month . if you buy one make sure it comes with the nut certs in it. that will save having to look for them and have them installed .any body shop can install it for 2.5 hours . You can do it in about 1/2 that but that is the labor charge at 50-75$ an hour. Avoid the service dept like the plague on something like this .

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom