Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New member, looking for a few parts

CW928

My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR
Well, after so many years of wanting a XLR, I finally purchased a 2004 with a lot of miles on her. Currently I am looking for a black right front fender and an owners manual, my name is Cliff and my number is 443-223-6840. Thanks, Cliff

Thanks, I love the car, just not a great time to buy one with everything that is going on.

The owners manual is available here...………………………….

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://my.cadillac.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/2004/cadillac/xlr/2004_cadillac_xlr_owners.pdf[/FONT]

This is great, thank you. I am still looking for the actual manual for the glove box if anyone has one. I also noticed an issue with the top, it works fine, but when it is closed, there is air sound, it is not sealing properly, it looks like the middle just over the winsheild is not flush, there is a gap, is this a common issue? I can push the top flat to line up with the top, but it pops right back up. Thanks for any advice.

Well, after so many years of wanting a XLR, I finally purchased a 2004 with a lot of miles on her. Currently I am looking for a black right front fender and an owners manual, my name is Cliff and my number is 443-223-6840. Thanks, Cliff

Hi Cliff and welcome, here’s a place with some used parts that may have what your looking for! Give them try!....And enjoy your new to you toy!
www.cadillacxlreastcoastusedparts.com
871df3a333db193f34ba235186af827c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is awsome, thank you very much!!

BTW Cliff that top lifting in the center is not normal!... They’ve actually had some here with issues of the top blowing off at highway speeds. Something you may want to consider, is driving with the top down as much as you can, at least at highway speeds until you get it looked at and repaired. If you look here on the forum, there was some that were looking into this issue with Cadillac, but I don’t know how they ever made out. I’m sorry for the bad news but it’s better to know the truth! It really should be a recall, but that’s just my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty scary, I will avoid driving it with the top up and get it checked out, thank you for letting me know.

What great advice, only $50 compared to what they are listing them on Ebay for. This is a great site, I have only had my car for a week, but really love it, so far. The top is working fine, which is a big deal, I have to figure out why the front that meets the windshield has a gap in the center of it and air is comming in, the sides are fine, I will avoid driving it with the top up as suggeted earlier. Thanks very much, I love talking cars!!

Welcome to The XLR Site !

Me also (love working on cars and fixing stuff). ;) Welcome to the site. When you get the top issue sorted please let us all know what was going on and the fix?

Again, Welcome!

Got it fixed. I opened the top 1/2 way, put a thin bead of JB weld between the top and liner, clamped it and let it sit over night and it is flush and perfect, undetectable that there was ever an issue.

Hey, Thanks! - Where There's a Will There's A Way! : )

Got it fixed. I opened the top 1/2 way, put a thin bead of JB weld between the top and liner, clamped it and let it sit over night and it is flush and perfect, undetectable that there was ever an issue.

Interesting. I kind of wondered if The J.B. would be sticky enough and permanent enough for good adhesion? Apparently the answer is 'yes', it is. --- Any particular type of J.B. Weld? Did you have to key the surfaces 1st (rough them up some) for adhesion?

Glad to hear you got it sorted as Dan in his post is correct. There have been a few (rare) instances of the factory adhesive failing and the top shell when up shearing off in the wind and going flying down the road.

It really worked great, but I got a private message stating that it might not hold when it gets really hot, but it is perfect so far. I used the metal JB, and did not prep the area, you can't tell that there was anything ever done to the top, it is sealed and lined up perfectly, no more wind sound that I had prior.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom