Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! New Member!! Question -- 06' XLR-V steering wheel swap for 2010 CTS-V Sterring wheel?

thejdubb23

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR-V
:willy_nilly: I have a random question and probably one you have never got before. I am a Cadillac enthusiast and my latest project is a 2006 Cadillac XLR-V. One of the things I was going to do is replace the 06' XLR-V version steering wheel to that of the 08-09 XLR-V series. However, In perusing steering wheels that Cadillac has to offer, nothing has caught my eye more than the 2010 CTS V leather wrapped steering wheel, looks sleek and stealth – I purchased it yesterday and will be arriving in just a few days (don’t worry, if my little project doesn’t work, I have 30 days to return it).

So anyhow, it now begs the question when I receive my new CTS-V steering wheel in the mail in the next few days will the 2010' CTS-V steering wheel fit on an 06' XLR-V model? Doeshave anyone have any specs/ manual/ info on the steering wheel so I can compare and contrast if it would fit.

1) Does anyone have any working knowledge on this subject?
2) Any information on this subject would be greatly, greatly appreciated in my attempt to customize my 06' XLR-V.
3) What other parts may I need to get the steering wheel to work properly (assuming the fitment will work)?
4) Electronically (again assuming the wheel fits in the first place), what challenges will I have?

email: justin.jordan23@gmail.com

Thanks so much in advance!!

I cannot answer your question, but welcome to the forum....I am sure that someone will chime in.

:cool:

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Good luck with your project. I can only imagine what the details might involve with a swap like this.

Not like in the pre-air bag days, when a swap to a different steering wheel was a 10 minute job.

Let us see the results if you make it happen.

Thanks... appreciated -- I love the forum.

I have been doing an interior overhaul: I just replaced the two sunvisors (passenger and driver), a new center console piece, new OEM floor mats, my car goes in for new leather upholstery 9/2 to 9/4 (its going to look sharp, going for the interior look of the 2011 CTS-V interior, ie suede, leather, light colored cross stitch, etc). Going to be replacing the Radio/ Nav -- I've been doing a lot of reseach trying to figure out the best approach as well as have been talking to several local well established and respected mobile audio/ video installers trying to get their thoughts to get interior matching, color mataching for the surrounding surfaces to make the new install look clean, sharp and stock. Looking into Wilwood Brake Kit next, so I dont have to change my V wheels to after market, as the clearance for that brake kit will work with my stock V-wheels (i think the V wheels look sick and don't want to change them whatsoever) -- here they are: http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeKitLanding.aspx?year=2006&make=Cadillac&model=XLR&option=

Anyway, so far thats where I am at.

Thanks... appreciated -- I love the forum.

I have been doing an interior overhaul: I just replaced the two sunvisors (passenger and driver), a new center console piece, new OEM floor mats, my car goes in for new leather upholstery 9/2 to 9/4 (its going to look sharp, going for the interior look of the 2011 CTS-V interior, ie suede, leather, light colored cross stitch, etc). Going to be replacing the Radio/ Nav -- I've been doing a lot of reseach trying to figure out the best approach as well as have been talking to several local well established and respected mobile audio/ video installers trying to get their thoughts to get interior matching, color mataching for the surrounding surfaces to make the new install look clean, sharp and stock. Looking into Wilwood Brake Kit next, so I dont have to change my V wheels to after market, as the clearance for that brake kit will work with my stock V-wheels (i think the V wheels look sick and don't want to change them whatsoever) -- here they are: http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeKitLanding.aspx?year=2006&make=Cadillac&model=XLR&option=

Anyway, so far thats where I am at.

Did you do this Wilwood conversion? I am considering the 14"rotors but want to maintain the stock wheels.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom