Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New owner of a 2006 XLR

dawnst3ar

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Platinum XLR
Bought a 2006 platinum XLR last night, and found the forums soon after. I am looking for performance mods that can be done to the car, but seem to be finding very little. Can anyone help me out?

Bought a 2006 platinum XLR last night, and found the forums soon after. I am looking for performance mods that can be done to the car, but seem to be finding very little. Can anyone help me out?

The only "real" performance mod is to buy a "V", but there are plenty of other things to enjoy about either model of the XLR.

Welcome to the club. I can't help you much with the performance question, but look in the "FORUMS" section - there is a XLR-XLR/V MODS section where you may get some input/ideas.
There's LOTS TO READ AND LEARN on here.

Enjoy the Ride,,,,

Congrats on your XLR purchase and finding this website.... lots of valuable reading.

p z

Welcome to the Best XLR Forum. How many miles on your New Dream Machine? You did select the 2nd Best color:)

Does it have a custom exhaust on it? That's one thing I want to do and have not.

And I see you live fairly close to me! I'm in Carrollton.

Does it have a custom exhaust on it? That's one thing I want to do and have not.

And I see you live fairly close to me! I'm in Carrollton.

No custom work at all - car is stock from tip to stern. Doesn't mean that wont change though :rolleyes:. So far, I have only seen one other on the road. We should meet up sometime, compare some notes!

My Belated Congrats & Welcome !

Welcome. The XLR Base Models while not as hot as the V's are still no slouch. Here in Colorado due to the altitude we suffer from less air and therefore less H.P. from the internal combustion air pump. Ugh. The mild mods to make are usually better breathing and exhaust. So performance air intake and performance exhaust system. Maybe a hotter ignition with bigger injectors. But I'm not aware of a source? Possibly a map Reprogramming or performance chip? Don't know on The XLR's about this.

So far I have elected to leave mine stock. Maybe some of the other members can weigh in with suggestions. There are experts here much better qualified that I am on XLR Performance Mods.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom