Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

"No key fob"

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
A message came up about no key fob. I had the key fob in the car and in my hand at the time when it happened, but couldn't start the car or perform any other function. After a minute or so, I started the car and everthing worked,. I went out and did some errands and the problem didn't reoccur. What caused this problem? I suspect the batttery, terminals in the fob need cleaning, or.. it needs a new battery. I tried to open the fob and it wouldn't open with reasonable force,. I didn't try to open it with more force for fear of breaking it. Are they just a little tough to open?

They are a little tough to open. I replaced the battery in mine recently and felt the same. Stick a coin in the slot and gradually pry from top to bottom until opened.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Another thing to consider. The fob and cell phones don't get along together. Especially if they're in the same pocket. The cell phone blocks the fob signal

If you can’t get it to work, you can plug your fob in the slot in the glove box to start the car.

If you can’t get it to work, you can plug your fob in the slot in the glove box to start the car.

...and make sure the buttons face to the right, otherwise it can be difficult to remove the fob from the slot.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom