Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Northstar Performance

antsu

My XLR/V(s)
2006 matt black xlr
Has anyone else had problems with Northstar Performance?
I ordered a stage 3 performance PCM with core on 25th September. I haven´t heard anything form them since.
I sent them a couple of emails, no answer. I tried to contact the owner on Linkedin, no answer.

Hmm, that's around $500. Northstar Performance should not be making any claims for modifying the E22 ECU (2004-2006 XLR). The only way I can modify my E22 ECM is by opening it up and taking out the two SRAM chips and putting them in a chip reader. I can't find any program or device that will pull all the calibration data from the ECU in car. If someone has a better way...please tell. If someone wants a pic of the memory chips...

I have not seen anyone that has had a chip upgrade on the non v xlr . Thats over my pay grade but I have read it cannot be done other than a couple of osb port installed units that all they do is make the accelerator pedal act quicker and make you think you got some improvements

I never claimed to be able to tune the E22. It has been in development. I can tune every other Northstar, from 1993-2011 except for the 04-06 with the E22.

E22 development (for all 2004-2006 LH2 Northstars) should be finished mid 2023.

The 04-06 base XLR, SRX, and base STS was never in my list of "vehicles I can tune". When I can, it will be in the list.

I have since changed my ordering system so payments are not processed until I verify the customer is ordering something we can actually provide. That transaction put me out $50 in fees.

Hmm, that's around $500. Northstar Performance should not be making any claims for modifying the E22 ECU (2004-2006 XLR). The only way I can modify my E22 ECM is by opening it up and taking out the two SRAM chips and putting them in a chip reader. I can't find any program or device that will pull all the calibration data from the ECU in car. If someone has a better way...please tell. If someone wants a pic of the memory chips...
Even if you lifted the chips and read the binary files, you'd need to know what to modify and where. We have all the data on that. Our flash process will be through the OBD2 port, as it should be.

So you claim you can "tune" the 07-09 4.6 and the 4.4 v? I've talked with many including the engineers at Holley and they say it cannot be done without running a piggy back system to run an aftermarket maf/ throttle body. with no aftermarket parts available , no headers, maybe you can get fuel Injectors but without more air intake, cams, headers or boost what can you tune from a stock engine.? Fuel mixture is locked in the ecm, timing is locked, have you ever tuned an xlr to produce more than factory hp?

And what sort of gains did you get. . I would like you to pm me a customer you have done one for. Or just have a former customer pm me. Because I do not see it without changing parts and they are not available. Two major well known tuners said with the 4.6 firing order you would have to build a system just for this car. I don't see it happening. Prove me wrong.

Gains have not been dyno proven, yet. I just bought a chassis dyno to start getting actual numbers. It's scheduled to be here in a couple of weeks. But as for proof that I've been able to tune them. The screenshot below is as far as I'm willing to go to give proof. If you have an XLR that needs to be tuned, you can order a PCM tune. But you'd probably want to wait until I have numbers off my chassis dyno. I have a 2007 STS here for R&D that I'll be using. Planning to release a cam package for these engines soon as well.

Attachments

• xlr.jpg
    xlr.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 122
DID SOMEONE SAY CAM PACKAGE???

I was told by a cam grinder how to get the most out of what I have stock by making a replacement for the vvt and locking the gear in place. Loose economy but get the most gain. I just bought a set of v cams to compare to the 4.6 as I don't find specs on either anywhere.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom