Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Not an owner, but wanted to say hello!

HarvesterUT

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 XLR-V
I don't currently own an XLR, but they have recently piqued my interest - the V model, specifically. I joined the forums to learn more about these unique and interesting roadsters. Anyways, I do have a small stable of cars that I enjoy rotating for daily driving. I have a thing for white cars..... :chuckle

1988 Nissan 300ZX turbo Shiro Special (some mods)
1992 Subaru SVX (another "eXperimental" vehicle!)
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder (some mods)
2003 Infiniti M45 (wheels/tires/brake mods)

20170421_194159.jpg
20170701_092002.jpg
20161130_112808.jpg
20160705_093845.jpg

Last edited:
I don't currently own an XLR, but they have recently piqued my interest - the V model, specifically. I joined the forums to learn more about these unique and interesting roadsters. Anyways, I do have a small stable of cars that I enjoy rotating for daily driving. I have a thing for white cars..... :chuckle

1988 Nissan 300ZX turbo Shiro Special (some mods)
1992 Subaru SVX (another "eXperimental" vehicle!)
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder (some mods)
2003 Infiniti M45 (wheels/tires/brake mods)

View attachment 7236
View attachment 7237
View attachment 7238
View attachment 7239

Interesting collection. I see you have a fondness for Japanese cars. The XLR is a bit of a departure from the Japanese design ethos, but I've have no regrets about purchasing my V.
You will want to factor in some of the potential "cons" in owing a car produced in such low volume, like parts availability.
You will find a comprehensive digest on this forum and most everyone here is enthusiastically responsive.
Happy Hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting collection. I see you have a fondness for Japanese cars. The XLR is a bit of a departure from the Japanese design ethos, but I've have no regrets about purchasing my V.
You will want to factor in some of the potential "cons" in owing a car produced in such low volume, like parts availability.
You will find a comprehensive digest on this forum and most everyone here is enthusiastically responsive.
Happy Hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the exception of my first car, an Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme S, I've always owned Japanese cars. I guess I attribute that to growing up in the "ricer era" and also to having parents who had an affinity for Nissan. I'm not so much into Japanese cars as I am into interesting, rare, quirky, or underappreciated cars. The cars I own just happen to not cost much to acquire on the used market.

The 300ZX (Z31) Shiro Special is one of about 1,100 VIN specific factory special editions. Only ~15,000 SVXs were ever sold in the US, an you either love or hate the Italian designed body. The M45 is actually a JDM Nissan Gloria/Cedric converted to LHD with a big V8 shoved in the front. Only sold for model years 2003-2004, approximately 5,500 of these were sold in North America. The MR2 is just a weird car - completely impractical and not loved as much as the 1st and 2nd generation MR2 cars. They are fun as hell to drive though!

With the exception of the MR2, there is almost no parts support or aftermarket for these vehicles. It's mostly one-off fabricators and entrepreneurs who cobble together solutions for niche markets. I'm used to the frustration!

Here's the MR-2 that we had

Nice Mister 2! I never understood why a mid engine car would be so lively and fun to drive until I stepped into an MR2 Spyder. At only 2,100 lbs, they are among the lightest road cars you can find in the past several decades. I wish Toyota had stuck the 2ZZ engine in the 2003-05 Spyders to give them a good power bump. They just don't have any guts above 60 mph. I notice the city you live in - I hope you're weathering the storm!

I that a Porsche 356 I see in the garage?

I was wondering if someone would notice the background in that photos. So here's the backstory of my '92 SVX. I bought the car two months ago in central California, and I drove the car all the way back to Texas. I stopped off in Las Vegas for three nights to meet up with a friend and do some gambling. That Saturday morning, I went to Cars & Coffee at Speed Vegas where I bumped into a very nice gentleman who also owns an SVX (see the reddish colored SVX in the larger garage in the background. I snapped that photo to show the two Subarus, not so much the other cars. That's actually an Intermeccanica replica Porsche. I'd be remiss if I say I knew exactly what that means, but I was told they are an "authorized" replica Porsche coach builder. To make this story even more coincidental, this gentleman's better half drives a blue XLR (perhaps Xenon blue?) which is just off camera to the left.

Small world. :)

Nice Mister 2! I never understood why a mid engine car would be so lively and fun to drive until I stepped into an MR2 Spyder. At only 2,100 lbs, they are among the lightest road cars you can find in the past several decades. I wish Toyota had stuck the 2ZZ engine in the 2003-05 Spyders to give them a good power bump. They just don't have any guts above 60 mph. I notice the city you live in - I hope you're weathering the storm!
Thanks, it's been mostly lots of rain in our area. When I was a member of Spyderchat.com there was a guy that shoehorned a Cadillac Northstar in the engine compartment. That was an outright monster

Thanks, it's been mostly lots of rain in our area. When I was a member of Spyderchat.com there was a guy that shoehorned a Cadillac Northstar in the engine compartment. That was an outright monster

I'm a member over there as well. Heck, I'm a member of dozens of forums. Just because I can't own them all doesn't mean I can't talk about them! I'm just up the road from you in San Antonio. We got a decent bit of rain, but the dirty side hit Houston badly.

I'm a member over there as well. Heck, I'm a member of dozens of forums. Just because I can't own them all doesn't mean I can't talk about them! I'm just up the road from you in San Antonio. We got a decent bit of rain, but the dirty side hit Houston badly.

HAHA, we were just in SA the first part of the week. Houston was and is being hit hard, but our little county down here doesn't rate the news coverage H-town gets. Lots of flooding here as well.

Welcome!

Welcome to The XLR Site. A car guy is a car guy, so it doesn't matter that you don't have an XLR yet. :) They are a blast to drive and show. Fairly rare to see on the road. Often I hear, "What is that?", and "What a Beautiful Car!". ;)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom