Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

One of my two happiest days with a car just happened!

WPB

Semi-retired magazine writer, a newbie with an ‘04 XLR in Florida and NC. Had it less than a week so still in the glow of excitement, lol. Once owned a 1939 40 ft. mahogany yacht. A Hurricane sunk it at the dock. So no matter what problems I encounter with a 19 year old high-mileage toy, it is already NOT the worst idea I have ever had. ; )

Attachments

• 1B3E2821-D343-4EF2-B42A-FF27433716D5.jpeg
    1B3E2821-D343-4EF2-B42A-FF27433716D5.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 83
  • C2D8DE17-7727-4091-BCC2-EB527A5AB592.jpeg
    C2D8DE17-7727-4091-BCC2-EB527A5AB592.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 85
  • 510ACE29-07B1-4966-B3AA-96C369471F74.jpeg
    510ACE29-07B1-4966-B3AA-96C369471F74.jpeg
    392.4 KB · Views: 79
Semi-retired magazine writer, a newbie with an ‘04 XLR in Florida and NC. Had it less than a week so still in the glow of excitement, lol. Once owned a 1939 40 ft. mahogany yacht. A Hurricane sunk it at the dock. So no matter what problems I encounter with a 19 year old high-mileage toy, it is already NOT the worst idea I have ever had. ; )
Nice! Welcome aboard!

Well, at least the XLR shouldn't sink.
Nearly 30 years ago we were living outside of Key West when it was mentioned by a Dj on the radio that a stealth fighter was visiting the navel air station and visitors were allowed. I grabbed my daughter, headed over and we were allowed to within six feet of the machine. That olive drab color, if it had been red they would still be making them. So cool. I felt the same way about the first XLR I saw.

Now, this week I got a red ’04 and everything works, some things better than others. I already updated to a modern Kenwood with all the goodies that looks like it was from the factory. Learning how it works, and everything else. The first thing my wife bought me was a window glass breaker. In an accident when the engine stops and won’t re-crank, like running into a canal I can see getting locked in. But I love the technology, like Star Wars and Stealth homers. Lol.

Nearly 30 years ago we were living outside of Key West when it was mentioned by a Dj on the radio that a stealth fighter was visiting the navel air station and visitors were allowed. I grabbed my daughter, headed over and we were allowed to within six feet of the machine. That olive drab color, if it had been red they would still be making them. So cool. I felt the same way about the first XLR I saw.

Now, this week I got a red ’04 and everything works, some things better than others. I already updated to a modern Kenwood with all the goodies that looks like it was from the factory. Learning how it works, and everything else. The first thing my wife bought me was a window glass breaker. In an accident when the engine stops and won’t re-crank, like running into a canal I can see getting locked in. But I love the technology, like Star Wars and Stealth homers. Lol.
*Stealth fighter

There is an emergency door release latch on the floor by each seat in the car. Just lift up on the latch and the door will pop open. No need for a glass breaker..

Welcome WPN, I too am a newbie to both the XLR and this forum. I purchased a tribute car (looks like a V) without actually knowing but the folks here have me straightened out as to what I have (04). Bad top modules and some other stuff I’m figuring out, chronicling it on another thread.
Good to not be the newest member. 🌝

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back