Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Original XLR Radio

beaver_jd

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Red XLR / 2007 XLR-V
I took my car out for the second time this week for a little run after sitting all winter . The radio would come on for about 3 seconds and shut off. A couple of seconds later it would be back on and then off. I then turned the radio off and back on , changed the stations and no change. When I got home I turned the car off and then I restarted it. The radio worked great. Any ideas ? I am thinking it's just the electrical gremlins we get with these car as a no cost option.
John F.

I blame all of this type of stuff on it being a "Cadillac"

Not that the other high end cars are any better

I would start by pulling the fascia out, then pull out the radio/cd unit to check for any loose connections. A TECH II MIGHT be useful in tracing down a fault somewhere.

I would start by pulling the fascia out, then pull out the radio/cd unit to check for any loose connections. A TECH II MIGHT be useful in tracing down a fault somewhere.
This may be theme to do an upgrade and get a new radio with all the goodies like you did.
John F.

Hi John.

Why not, like rexster said check for connections or a pinch wire.

A check light could help you if you dont have tech2.

Does it worth to spend that much money, for an old XLR with an updated Bluetooth radio version.

IAN:dunno:

Ian, I don't consider my XLR to be an old car. Have a look at my pictures in my garage. For me is it worth spending the money based on the amount of time I use the car and I am not so sure about that. I also have concerns about who would do the work for me. Nothing would be worse that having some fellow working on my toy that didn't have a clue.
John F.

John

I am glad to see that you like very much your 2 XLR, that is the way to go and for enjoying them.

The market place do not see this way, last summers I have try to trade mine for an XTS, they would give me less than 10 for it, so I told them to keep their Cadillac and I will do the same with my XLR.

I have realise then, that my XLR is old for this network, I rather keep it, as I know that the XLR will give me more fun for my money, that could be spend on the XLR for the maintenance and the repairs.

That is a way to get more for what you spend, as this is an XLR.

Good Luck and enjoy the driving of this great car.

Look for a radio shop with a hi reputation of its knowledge in the radios business, that could be a way to feel in good hands for the repairs of your XLR.

Yes, enjoy your XLR.

IAN:thumbsup

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry