Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Pioneer 4500NEX plus 5 channel amplifier?

Debbie, Thank you, I am in Palm Springs in the winter and I guess that's a couple of hours away. So let me know how you make out.
John F.

Yes, it’s an easy drive however, he said it would take a couple of days. Maybe after doing mine it will go faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After market sound system.

Hi DB2.

Josua did the changes on his XLR…. I still keep my XLR the much original as possible….. its again, a matter of choice.

Amazon has some fine prices recently, as they probably want to clear their inventory for the new generation sound systems.

I have send you some photos as per your Help request for 4500, still, you are aware now….the needed items are similar to the 7200.

Good luck with the installation, it is good to have a mechanic that you can count on.

All the best.

IAN :blinzel:

Ian,

Thanks for pointing out that the photos were for the 4500. I know somewhere someone posted a list of the needed items for the 7200. I’ll dive in again and look.

I get wanting to keep things as original as possible. I’m going to store the original sound system thinking some day this might be a classic car. This will be the only change I make. I don’t need cameras. . . I even took the original floor mat to my tailor to repair it as I know I can’t replace it. Unless there’s a source other than Cadillac.

Debbie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pioner 7200 installation

DB2.

As for helping, I did send to Josua the photos for the components needed for the installation of the 7200, since he mentioned that he had too many informations to be send and not confortable in sending them….since, I have not received any reaction from his part.
See the above post #16 to Josua, on this thread.

It would be welcome and informative for the other members to received that kind of others photos, from some one who did the conversion and has the know how to fit the 7200 on a XLR….. that it works fine.

''rexster'' did mentioned his evidence for his experience on the installation of a Kenwood sound system…. is welcome by the members.

Re the Interior GM carpet for your XLR, they are available on eBay at reasonable price, google search could get you there.

Good shopping.

IAN :wave:

Just a point of clarification, mostly for future searchers, but the steering wheel controls actually go to the CD changer, not the radio itself.

For #1 - you do not need to keep your original head unit in the car - I do not and everything works fine... the wiring diagrams show that some of the connections (like steering wheel controls and class2 data) go through the old stock radio, but they are simply passed through - so the installer should be able to just connect the two sets of lines to pass the signal through

For #2 - you do not need an external amplifier unless you want one... I do not and the stock Bose amp works fine with my aftermarket Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX

Good luck

No offense but you remove the stock head unit AND the cd player. Look down a few posts below this one. You'll see 2 posts by me. Pics of the wiring and plugs are there. One post right after the other. The stock head unit and the cd player go in the basement on a shelf. Ian is correct about the parts needed. When you buy the components, all the wiring and harnesses are there. Also, I installed the avic 7200 nex. Get a usb extension cable, plug it into the back of the 7200 (the correct port), and run it into your console. You can put many many tunes on a flash drive and play them through the 7200,outstanding. Also, download the pdf manual from pioneer. You can't imagine what all that stereo will do. The owner's manual that comes with it is 1% of what it will do. The install is a lot easier than it seems. Tell the installer to read my notes and he'll be fine.The plugs that wen into the cd get jumpers and just tuck them in somewhere. There's a ton of room. Good luck and let me know how it turned out. He should be able to do the whole thing in a day or two! Later

Pioner 7200 installation

Hi Josua.

When you mention that you have so much informatives documents and notes, that you were wondering on how to sent that load of these fines informations, for the members.

I have try to load the PDF installation manual of the pioneer 7200, the site can not get this too large file, now I have the pioneer internet address above the packaging box for the members, they could visit, copy and paste it on their own PC. ( see it on the photo Pioneer USA, Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, Navigation, DJ | Pioneer Electronics USA)

Also the informations in the past that rexster and you have send to us, on how to jump the wires to get the sound system working…. on the photos I have made some indications for the members as were these connectors pins should be jumped. see the photos.

Thank you for your contribution.

IAN :blinzel:
1       CD plug[1] (5).jpg1     CD plug[1].jpg1     RADIO[1].jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry