Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Power steering pump pulley collar

do you mean the power steering pump pully? I am unaware of a collar. Most likely you will need to buy a pump to get the pully.

Yes, you are correct, the pulley and the collar, as the dealer is calling it, are sold as an assembly. The collar is apparently what holds the pulley on the pump shaft. They broke the collar trying to remove it from the old pump! And of course the collar is not sold separately and the pulley assy has been discontinued. In search of the missing part!��

‘04 -10 STS’s also have a Northstar engine that’s not longitudinally mounted (because rear wheel drive; DTS’s with Northstar are FWD with the engine longitudinally mounted) - to the extent the part might be hard to find because of the engine layout, would looking for a STS part help? I have no idea & that might be a really stupid suggestion, but thought I’d throw it out.

I think the Cad dealer has cross checked all other models that might use a similar setup including Vettes of that era. But I'll pass along the suggestion. It appears the best hope is to find someone who just happens to have a nos pulley assy sitting on a shelf somewhere or a salvaged PS pump with pulley intact. But thanks for the idea, the XLR is going nowhere fast till the part is found��

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom