Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Press the GO button and everything shuts down

odtekman

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black XLR
Been having top problems for a little more than a year. Dealers (2) replaced a couple grand in modules with no luck. Just had a full diagnostic on the car and the top. Started the car the next day and have warnings all over the dash, many that I have never seen before (except at start up). ABS, TC, a pix of a car with a lock on it, etc. I shut her down and we took my wife's car. The next day I went to start it. pressed the green GO button and everything went dark. I put a charger on the battery over-night and the next morning it was dead. (1 year old battery). Got a new one but it does the same thing. Jumped it, and it does the same thing. Attached OBD II and it would not connect. With all this, the top problem seems minor but I have a feeling one thing is going to fix the other. I wouldn't even be that upset if I could find out how to lower the top manually. The book tells you how to get it back up, but not down. Dealer says you can do it, but you have to disconnect a lot of stuff and once it is down it is going to stay there. (I don't believe that.....yet) OK guys (and gals) you are my experts - where do I go from here????

I found this on a CTS forum, maybe it will help.

Your in security lock out. try locking then unlocking drivers door with key (not fob) and see if it will start.

Of course only key we have is in rear bumper so maybe try that or lock/unlock from inside door.

Good luck

Located in the United States,,,,

"Dealers (2) replaced a couple grand in modules with no luck" :rolleyes:

Sounds like techs with no knowledge of what they are doing.... Where do you live exactly? :dunno:

Maybe some member can direct you to a competent repair facility to help you out in your area......

Been having top problems for a little more than a year. Dealers (2) replaced a couple grand in modules with no luck. Just had a full diagnostic on the car and the top. Started the car the next day and have warnings all over the dash, many that I have never seen before (except at start up). ABS, TC, a pix of a car with a lock on it, etc. I shut her down and we took my wife's car. The next day I went to start it. pressed the green GO button and everything went dark. I put a charger on the battery over-night and the next morning it was dead. (1 year old battery). Got a new one but it does the same thing. Jumped it, and it does the same thing. Attached OBD II and it would not connect. With all this, the top problem seems minor but I have a feeling one thing is going to fix the other. I wouldn't even be that upset if I could find out how to lower the top manually. The book tells you how to get it back up, but not down. Dealer says you can do it, but you have to disconnect a lot of stuff and once it is down it is going to stay there. (I don't believe that.....yet) OK guys (and gals) you are my experts - where do I go from here????

The most common cause of 'warnings all over the dash' is battery failure. OK, so you have replaced the battery and that went flat too. There is a significant drain on the electrics somewhere I suggest. Do you have any aftermarket accessories fitted?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom