Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Problem child update and tire recommendation

Phrede

Seasoned Member
Some of you are familar with the many problems I have had. So here is an update.

I am working with a different dealer now. The service writer is far from knowledgeable and considerate, but I can tolerate that easy enough if the work gets done right. They fixed the problems on the first visit and when I had a question I was able to talk to the tech directly and he was knowledgeable and courteous.

The dealer installed valve cover gaskets and an oil pan gasket to stop an oil leak; 4 shocks, they were all leaking; new front sway bar links on both ends to solve a clunk.

I then had Bridgestone Potenza S04 tires installed. The 255/40-19 size is new. Had I known this size was available in this tire it would have solved me a lot of grief ordering wheels that ended up having a lot of run out. The reason for the new wheels was to get tire fitment.

I paid $335 each for these tires. $30 more than 285/35-19 and $100 more than 255/45 -18. Still they are about $120 less than the OEM Pirelli run flats. I think tire prices are like air fares, 100% marketing driven.

Those of you interested in getting away from run flats I can recommend these tires. Better ride and dry performance for sure and I expect wet performance too but can't say for sure. In my case is solved a vibration problem at highway speeds. YEA!

A new problem is with a dead battery after just 2 days of not running. See a different post.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom