Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Rear valves exhaust for V.

Bill S.

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 V, Raven Black with Shale interior
Hey,

OK I'm looking for a a set of the end most exhaust valve apparatus for a V. My 06 V has this terrible exhaust rattle at the end. If starting it and the vacuum line is disconnected, the noise is minimal to none but the exhaust is a bit louder. So, anyone who might have these valves let me know. Do not recall how they are attached ; if it requires welding cutting or what. There are two.

Bill

Pretty dure they are made onto the pipes. you would need a muffler. They should able to be repaied so they do not rattle

Hi MickeyT

Could you possibly notify that guy at the other site and let him know of my e-mail? ss454_@hotmail.com. I know right now there is a guy at the XLR.net forum who has a set, I think off an '07 . I have contacted him. Popbigguy. He wants 550.00.

Bill

Hey,

OK I'm looking for a a set of the end most exhaust valve apparatus for a V. My 06 V has this terrible exhaust rattle at the end. If starting it and the vacuum line is disconnected, the noise is minimal to none but the exhaust is a bit louder. So, anyone who might have these valves let me know. Do not recall how they are attached ; if it requires welding cutting or what. There are two.

Bill
Had same problem. Couldn’t fix it for the life of me trying to lube that gate piece. I should have just dusconnected the vacuum line since I put on a Corsa exhaust which is louder than the exhaust with it wide open. I found no way to fix that rattle. Sorry.
AR

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back