Remember These!

ECurtis

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004, Xenon Blue XLR
Wow,

Remember these 93 Fleetwoods!

http://youtu.be/k41kgF_b6DU

In their day they were considered something, but thank goodness GM saw the light and realized that they had to grow beyond the their existing demographic base otherwise our XLR's would never have been born!

These Fleetwoods boasted the following:

5.7 L V8 (Same size as some SUV's today!)
185 hp (What!?! for a V8! But that was a lot back then- only 20 years ago :confused:)
300 pound-feet of torque (Okay, but what happened to the hp?:dunno:)
0 to 60 in 10.5 seconds (That thing was a rocket ship! :laugh:). Believe it or not that was somewhat fast back then (Only 20 years ago). It also had a lot of luxury features that are standard in most mid-size cars today!

This is amazing. To think how far we have come in just 20 years. Those performances are nothing compared to today's standards!

Also even though those cars were considered "hot" back then (at least by our grandparents), they were also non-distinct (in my opinion). When you see a 2004-2009 XLR or a (2004-2009) Cadillac you know there is nothing like it. You know it is a Cadillac. However, with the desires for more fuel economy and maybe other reasons our Cadillacs are becoming more rounded and less distinct than the other cars around them. A lot of cars have that same round-ish shape. With the exception of the headlights and grill (to some degree) Cadillacs are beginning to look like the other cars on the road. I think this is a mistake. :nono:

Wow,

Remember these 93 Fleetwoods!

http://youtu.be/k41kgF_b6DU

In their day they were considered something, but thank goodness GM saw the light and realized that they had to grow beyond the their existing demographic base otherwise our XLR's would never have been born!

These Fleetwoods boasted the following:

5.7 L V8 (Same size as some SUV's today!)
185 hp (What!?! for a V8! But that was a lot back then- only 20 years ago :confused:)
300 pound-feet of torque (Okay, but what happened to the hp?:dunno:)
0 to 60 in 10.5 seconds (That thing was a rocket ship! :laugh:). Believe it or not that was somewhat fast back then (Only 20 years ago). It also had a lot of luxury features that are standard in most mid-size cars today!

This is amazing. To think how far we have come in just 20 years. Those performances are nothing compared to today's standards!

Also even though those cars were considered "hot" back then (at least by our grandparents), they were also non-distinct (in my opinion). When you see a 2004-2009 XLR or a (2004-2009) Cadillac you know there is nothing like it. You know it is a Cadillac. However, with the desires for more fuel economy and maybe other reasons our Cadillacs are becoming more rounded and less distinct than the other cars around them. A lot of cars have that same round-ish shape. With the exception of the headlights and grill (to some degree) Cadillacs are beginning to look like the other cars on the road. I think this is a mistake. :nono:

I was just talking to a friend this weekend about the look of the xlr. When you see it coming at you on the street you know theirs something special coming. When the xlr came out they really changed it up IMO for the good. I could be wrong but their is no other car with these kind of lines. They kept up with cts and v for acouple years. Then like you said theirs acouple subtle differences but the ats looks like a Malibu or impala whatever their gm cousin is. Headlight look a lot cooler though. I don't know what their thinking luckily I have mine and I hope I can find me a nice 4dr. ctsv in acouple years.

I was just talking to a friend this weekend about the look of the xlr. When you see it coming at you on the street you know theirs something special coming. When the xlr came out they really changed it up IMO for the good. I could be wrong but their is no other car with these kind of lines. They kept up with cts and v for acouple years. Then like you said theirs acouple subtle differences but the ats looks like a Malibu or impala whatever their gm cousin is. Headlight look a lot cooler though. I don't know what their thinking luckily I have mine and I hope I can find me a nice 4dr. ctsv in acouple years.

LIKE! :dance:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back