Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! Retractable Hardtop problem solved

Bakertech

Seasoned Member
This may help someone; it worked for me.
Problem began when I tried to raise top and the trunk compartment separator was not in perfect position. There is a micro switch on the left side where the panel fits into the slot.
I corrected that and it worked.
Returning from the show and at home tried to raise top. It would only go to open trunk position and flap open behind roll bars (!).
I lowered it slowly by hand after checking Pump compartment (bone dry). Motor could be heard running. Tried 3 times.
Eventually the trunk would not even open.

I removed the foot rest panel on Passenger side and at the very bottom of that Fuse Panel is a small black rectangular box. I took off that cover and located the 15 amp fuse for Trunk/Retractable Hardtop. Bottom row. It appeared OK but I bench tested it. ET about 2 min. I then reinstalled the Fuse and tried the top and it worked again perfectly and has several times since. Perhaps removing the Fuse for a short time somehow unscrambles a BCM?

If needed, I hope this works for you.

Thanks Baker - mine is doing the exact same thing - was waiting for a Tech 2 to do a top relearn, but I will try your solution and report back.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom