Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Rims and Tires Cadillac Factory

XLR_7254

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black XLR
Hello all - I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, so please take it easy on me.

I have the option of buying a take off set of rims and tires from a 2014 Cadillac XTS with the 20inch option. The deal is insane and I'm having a hard time not trying to see if they will fit on my XLR. I know that the bolt pattern is 5x120 with a high offset and I also know that the XTS was FWD.

is there any any slight chance of this working? The guy is asking $300 for the set with almost brand new tires. I'm not asking where he got them from, lol, but I have an idea...

second scenerio: I found a set of Asanti 20inch wheels and tires that were on a 2010 corvette. Guy had them on for one summer. This is also an option for me but the tires are 275 series all the way around. Does the corvette and XLR have the same bolt pattern, hub, and offset if option 1 is a no go?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Attachments

• IMG_3745.jpg
    IMG_3745.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_3746.JPG
    IMG_3746.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 361
The XTS wheel/tire combo you have are from a Platinum trim level; I have them on my car.

For $300 if they don't fit, you can easily re-sell them for $300 (or more) each. Do be aware that if the chrome inserts touch the painted aluminum wheel, they will create a galvanic corrosion process that requires professional help to repair. You want at least .05" around the edges to ensure they stay corrosion-free.

(20 x 8.5 / 35 mm offset on mine.) Also, the car may be advertised as FWD and AWD, though it is primarily FWD (AWD is on-demand).

CC :wave:

The XTS wheel/tire combo you have are from a Platinum trim level; I have them on my car.

For $300 if they don't fit, you can easily re-sell them for $300 (or more) each. Do be aware that if the chrome inserts touch the painted aluminum wheel, they will create a galvanic corrosion process that requires professional help to repair. You want at least .05" around the edges to ensure they stay corrosion-free.

(20 x 8.5 / 35 mm offset on mine.) Also, the car may be advertised as FWD and AWD, though it is primarily FWD (AWD is on-demand).

CC :wave:

Hey CC,

So I drove the 200 mile round trip and purchased the wheels. They look even better in person. I have my fingers crossed that they will fit. It's freezing here in Detroit, but I will give it a try sometime next week and let anyone interested if it worked. If not, I'll have a nice set of XTS wheels and tires for sale lol

Attachments

• IMG_3753.JPG
    IMG_3753.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_3754.JPG
    IMG_3754.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 360

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!