Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Running lights

monty

My XLR/V(s)
2006 xlr/v silver
I have shipped my XLR/V to Calgary Alberta Canada to be able to register the car here the running lights must not be able to be turned off so to be on at all times the car is running. There are some other items but this is the major one. Is there a module changes , Wires cut and sealed, Computer update or reprogramming. Please help !!!

Monty, First of all where in Calgary do you live ? I am out by Calaway Park. I am not sure what you are asking here but my running lights are on all the time. The only way to turn them off is to put the fog lights on.
John F.

the drls the upper lights, the ones that burn the lens because they get too hot , do burn all the time I thought

the drls the upper lights, the ones that burn the lens because they get too hot , do burn all the time I thought
Long Tall Sally, They do burn all the time. However I turn mine off when I remember by turning on the fog lights. My drivers headlight is perfect but my passenger has a little burning. I plan on changing my DRL's this winter.
John F.

Canadian export XLR’s were configured so the DRL’s could not be turned off. USA cars can be turned off by turning the headlight stuck switch backwards. I would image you could just disconnect the wires going to the switch but I have not researched this aspect.

This may not really add any value to the conversation, but the DRLs (at least in the US) don't come on until the car is in gear and if the automatic headlights have not activated. I mention this because perhaps you need to demonstrate that during an inspection(?)

DRL

Monty, First of all where in Calgary do you live ? I am out by Calaway Park. I am not sure what you are asking here but my running lights are on all the time. The only way to turn them off is to put the fog lights on.
John F.
John I am in Dalhousie, when I had the car to CTC for the inspection to register the car in Alberta they informed me that the DRL cannot be shut off by Canadian Federal law since 1991 mine being US can be with the auto light switch. Is your car black I have seen a black XLR on the Crowchild.

John I am in Dalhousie, when I had the car to CTC for the inspection to register the car in Alberta they informed me that the DRL cannot be shut off by Canadian Federal law since 1991 mine being US can be with the auto light switch. Is your car black I have seen a black XLR on the Crowchild.

Monty, My car is red. Who are CTC ? I think you can bluff the inspector and tell them the DLR's are on all the time. I only found out a month ago I could turn mine off by turning on my fog lights. Maybe try a different checking location. I think Springbank Truck do out of country inspections.
John F.

CTC Canadian Tire Corp. I sent a message to Springbank this am waiting for a reply. It seems Canadian tire has the monopoly on out of country other places do out province
Thanks for your help, maybe we'll catch up to each other.

CTC Canadian Tire Corp. I sent a message to Springbank this am waiting for a reply. It seems Canadian tire has the monopoly on out of country other places do out province

I will send you a private note.
John F

3 years ago I brought mine up from palm springs to BC and took it to Canadian Tire also . They wired the DRL's and took off the dark tint on the windows. I was going to switch the DRL's back after but I never did and everything still seems fine so far.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom