Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Servicing My 2004 XLR

Jim’s XLR

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Red XLR
I recently bought a 2004 XLR. I live in Eastern Connecticut and I'm looking for good place to bring my car for service. There is a local Cadillac dealership but I don't know if they still service XLRs and I'm concerned with what they might charge. Any suggestions from anyone?

Hi Jim, I don't use the Dealers much but I'm sure they wont turn you away.
The Mechanicals on our Cars are basically the same as the DTS and Corvettes. The exclusives are the Tops, Electrics, Radiator, etc. The items you would have "serviced" are Engine Oil, Coolant, Transmission, Differential and Brakes. Each are of common parts and fluids are readily available at any GM Service Center.
I'm sure another Member will pop in and add their thoughts.
Good Luck with your new toy, read all the posts on here. There is wealth of information you wont find anywhere else.

If you do not do the work yourself you are at the mercy of any of the dealers or independents. As stated the basic car is corvette with a caddy motor that almost any mechanic can work on. The only few items that are specific to the xlr , you will find nobody knows anything more than they read. There are still a few trained xlr techs but most are either moved on or forgot what they used to know. Since most are parts replacers anyway and parts are hard to find, finding a good shop may be tough. Hopefully another member in you general area has already went thru the process and knows someone.

Hi Jim, I don't use the Dealers much but I'm sure they wont turn you away.
The Mechanicals on our Cars are basically the same as the DTS and Corvettes. The exclusives are the Tops, Electrics, Radiator, etc. The items you would have "serviced" are Engine Oil, Coolant, Transmission, Differential and Brakes. Each are of common parts and fluids are readily available at any GM Service Center.
I'm sure another Member will pop in and add their thoughts.
Good Luck with your new toy, read all the posts on here. There is wealth of information you wont find anywhere else.

Thanks for your reply...I will post what I find and let you all know what happened

If you do not do the work yourself you are at the mercy of any of the dealers or independents. As stated the basic car is corvette with a caddy motor that almost any mechanic can work on. The only few items that are specific to the xlr , you will find nobody knows anything more than they read. There are still a few trained xlr techs but most are either moved on or forgot what they used to know. Since most are parts replacers anyway and parts are hard to find, finding a good shop may be tough. Hopefully another member in you general area has already went thru the process and knows someone.
Thanks. As I wrote to JaXLR, I will let you all know what I find.

I use a shop in Scranton PA for most basic mechanicals that I have been very happy with. Granted they may not help with top issues but let me know if you want there contact info.

I recently bought a 2004 XLR. I live in Eastern Connecticut and I'm looking for good place to bring my car for service. There is a local Cadillac dealership but I don't know if they still service XLRs and I'm concerned with what they might charge. Any suggestions from anyone?
Jim did you find And XLR tech in CT to service your car.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom