Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Shocks

My XLR/V(s)
2004/XLR
I pray these words find the reader and thier family well.

I'm looking for shocks for an 2004 XLR any and all information is appreciated.

DM
Preacher

if your suspension module works then go for the z06 shocks and simulators. hundreds have changed over and they work great and the cost for everything is less than 1/2 the mag shocks. mag shocks. Just remember mag shocks worked great when new and everything else on the car was new. many like the cushy floating ride they give .others like to fell they have control of the car. If you are going to keep it for 4-5 years you might get the money out of the mag shocks but read the forums many have reported the new ones failed in less than a couple of years and a few thousand miles.

Don't know how good it works, but limited lifetime warranty on Delco shocks.

More Information for ACDELCO 5801062

if your suspension module works then go for the z06 shocks and simulators. hundreds have changed over and they work great and the cost for everything is less than 1/2 the mag shocks. mag shocks. Just remember mag shocks worked great when new and everything else on the car was new. many like the cushy floating ride they give .others like to fell they have control of the car. If you are going to keep it for 4-5 years you might get the money out of the mag shocks but read the forums many have reported the new ones failed in less than a couple of years and a few thousand miles.

Hi Gord.

I did that 2 years ago and now 2 out of the mags 4 shocks are leaking…. again,:mad: and that is same problem on the recent Cadillac models.

Yes, there is a life time warranty, but you have to get them installed and pay for it, I purchased them at Rock Auto parts store,:rolleyes: the dealer do not like to do necessary the replacement, unless you are a regular customer.

I plan to make the changes with the C6 regular shocks and the simulators, in order to solve the leaking problem ounce for all.….:D like many others members did.

Regards.

IAN:dunno:

Praise the LORD,

Are the shocks that you are referring to [h=1]C6 Corvette Base/Z06 2006-2013 Shocks[/h]

what you want and has been proven to work well is the z06 upgrade . that is a step up for the older z06 shocks and many people corvette and XLR run them . They are as good or better than the base Bilstein's The performance Bilstein shocks seem to be pretty good for performance cars lowered and wider tires . I am not a fan as I run Koni been with them for 40 years but there are lots of good products by all the companies
z06 upgrades are 300-325$ for 4 shipped and do not buy used take offs, which cost more .you can buy the new oem from 1/2 dozen vendors. the casper sims are the best way to go . they are a quality proven product even though pricey for what they are .I install them on customers cars but on my car I get the same results for 20$

Last edited:
Isn't it just a resistor?

what you want and has been proven to work well is the z06 upgrade . that is a step up for the older z06 shocks and many people corvette and XLR run them . They are as good or better than the base Bilstein's The performance Bilstein shocks seem to be pretty good for performance cars lowered and wider tires . I am not a fan as I run Koni been with them for 40 years but there are lots of good products by all the companies
z06 upgrades are 300-325$ for 4 shipped and do not buy used take offs, which cost more .you can buy the new oem from 1/2 dozen vendors. the casper sims are the best way to go . they are a quality proven product even though pricey for what they are .I install them on customers cars but on my car I get the same results for 20$

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom