Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Shocks

My XLR/V(s)
2004/XLR
When you purchase the shocks and simulators does the year matter? I've been informed that buy the ones for a C6 Z06

May GOD bless the reader of these words.

DM
Preacher

I had saved this from a previous post. I hope this helps.

Bilstein shocks for XLR
Part #'s:
Front Shocks, Bilstein B8, 24-029773
Rear Shocks, Bilstein B8, 24-029780
Simulators, Caspers Electronics, 109096
RTD Simulator C6 'Vette

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart choice

Ron.

This is a smart choice, and for its prices, the up grade shocks are for an OEM ''sport '' corvette.... glad to ear that the ride is not, '' like a truck one ''.

GM claims that they are made to last long...

Enjoy the ride.

IAN:thumbsup

no one has ever claimed the z06 shocks ride like a truck. they ride like a sports car just as the xlr was meant to be when new.

XLR ride

Sally....And then, few monts or years after, the new XLR is driving like a truck.

IAN :blinzel:

you know you are full of it. Tell me one person that has said their z06 conversion rides like a truck. I have one that has been almost 4 years and still rides just like when I installed them. I have actually with wrenches installed them for about 4 years. others longer than that. Not a single complaint .The only complaints about shocks I read or people with the xlr and srx that buy the new mag shocks and they go out in 18 months to 20,000 miles.
How about some proof of your bogus claim it will ride like a truck.? Look hard for something you can cut and paste instead of actually working on the cars.

Last edited:
This combination works great on 2005. The ride is like new, and no message

This is the way go, it all works perfect and the price is right

Debating yes, confrontation no thanks.

Sally.

Your looking for a confrontation and I do not want to go on this low level, may I suggeted that you read the chart that I have made for the members.

This chart is given the informations that a member that wants for upgrading his Cadillac with the c6 suspension of their own choice, either for a soft ride, a sport ride, or the ultra stiff ride.

I have never said that the members who have made one of these choices was wrong......you did.

Sorry..... it is no use to debate with you as you are only want the confrontation with diversion.

It is no use to call you as it will end in a confrontation.

Debating opinions that is what I am looking for.

IAN :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back