Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Something different

Different.... Absolutely!!!! I would call that color Orange? I wonder what the real color was?

Fruit Color

Different.... Absolutely!!!! I would call that color Orange? I wonder what the real color was?

When I was a kid, we had a '55 Mercury that was kind of that color. They called it, "Persimmon". Not my personal preference.

:(

Tim

DUB,,

22" wheels......definitely a DUB vehicle that someone spent many dollars on to set it apart from the rest of the XLR's...

Says,,,minor-issue accident and four previous owners.

Wonder if it jumps up and down? lol,,,

You just can`t fix stupid...................you make`em president instead

??? I had a 93 cobra mustang that was similar to that shade. It's looks like a orangish red. IMO looks better than the red that was offered for the xlr. And from the pictures looks like a nice paint job. Shines nicer than some I see,body lines are straight,no waves in panels. Now the interior is a different story "talk about clashy". Must have really liked red:(. Get rid of the interior throw some chrome V wheels on it and I think it would be a looker but that's me. :dunno: Oh he should have taken that wart off that was a waste of paint there!

Not for me. I suspect wheel spacers on the rear, probably after they discovered a rubbing problem with 295/35 tires. SMH

It's looks like a orangish red. IMO looks better than the red that was offered for the xlr.

And from the pictures looks like a nice paint job. Shines nicer than some I see,body lines are straight,no waves in panels.

icon9.gif
Color statement > You got to be joking! That orange/red looks terrible on a XLR,,,, and the XLR red shades are 'rich looking'... compared to that pumpkin POS

Amazing what you can tell from pictures,,,, nice paint, straight body lines, and no waves....

icon9.gif
Color statement > You got to be joking! That orange/red looks terrible on a XLR,,,, and the XLR red shades are 'rich looking'... compared to that pumpkin POS

Amazing what you can tell from pictures,,,, nice paint, straight body lines, and no waves....

No and it's my opinion. I've seen the "red" in person not my taste too blah. I'm not talking about the crimson red " the flat red". And I'm not a red guy anyways. If you look at all the pictures all the body line gaps look straight and even. There's side shots of the whole car not a wave in it. And from the closer shots the paint looks to not have any orange peel nice and clear with a nice gloss to it. Yes you can't see everything from the pictures, but "from the pics" it looks like a good paint job. Except I did notice they forgot to put the xlr badge on the pass. side it's on the driver side. Maybe I will take back my statements:dunno:
Seen a lot of hack paint jobs in my life and they stick out like a sore thumb. Look at the finish on the interior trim parts they also have a nice finish on them but they look terrible in the car. Just to note I have 20/20 and paint quality is my biggest pet peeve. :D

Last edited:
No and it's my opinion. I've seen the "red" in person not my taste too blah. I'm not talking about the crimson red " the flat red". And I'm not a red guy anyways. If you look at all the pictures all the body line gaps look straight and even. There's side shots of the whole car not a wave in it. And from the closer shots the paint looks to not have any orange peel nice and clear with a nice gloss to it. Yes you can't see everything from the pictures, but "from the pics" it looks like a good paint job. Except I did notice they forgot to put the xlr badge on the pass. side it's on the driver side. Maybe I will take back my statements:dunno:
Seen a lot of hack paint jobs in my life and they stick out like a sore thumb. Look at the finish on the interior trim parts they also have a nice finish on them but they look terrible in the car. Just to note I have 20/20 and paint quality is my biggest pet peeve. :D

This is not the OEM Passion Red (74U) as seen on 250 2007 base models. This is some custom orange color (I agree, Persimmon). I see lots of quality/fitment issues. Headlight to bumper gaps, rocker to fender alignment, etc. I do see some orange peel. There is puckering on the interior door panels. Of course, pictures do not always show the entire story and for a dealer to say only "good" condition would throw up a flag for me. I think it needs a black face painted on it and call it Jack. :chuckle

Undecided

Can't decide. Is it hideous or just vulgar?

:(

This is not the OEM Passion Red (74U) as seen on 250 2007 base models. This is some custom orange color (I agree, Persimmon). I see lots of quality/fitment issues. Headlight to bumper gaps, rocker to fender alignment, etc. I do see some orange peel. There is puckering on the interior door panels. Of course, pictures do not always show the entire story and for a dealer to say only "good" condition would throw up a flag for me. I think it needs a black face painted on it and call it Jack. :chuckle

I think the person was having a halloween prank

Maybe this was their inspiration! :laugh:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 189
i also like this red/orange better than the 250 special edition red. quality is ? as hard to tell from pics. you can see the orange on the inside of many body parts, trunk, top, hood door jambs etc, so it wasnt some crappy paint job.
the 22's on this car are overkill, and the orange accent is too much. but they do match.
the camera may be making this look way more orangy than it actually is.
interior accents are actually an upgrade, as stock interior is to monochromatic. again orangy red ? a bit much, but looks well done.
alcantra style headliner, door inserts, A pillars, all make sense, and show some thought went into designing the interior upgrade.
the redone center console and dash is 100% better than the stock POS.
whoever designed the stock stippled metal, that dents if you breath on it, should be SHOT. worst part of the car in my opinion.
in fact, that metal dash material may win the award for worst part on any car i have ever owned. it is that stupid of a design flaw.
if we are lucky someone will buy the car and become a member at XLR-net :)
not every owner is going to be 50+ looking for black or silver. if this gets the younger crowd into xlr's that is a good thing.
hopefully it can be captured for the registry...

Pumpkin Patch,,,,

This is some custom orange color.

I see lots of quality/fitment issues. Headlight to bumper gaps, rocker to fender alignment, etc. I do see some orange peel. There is puckering on the interior door panels.

Of course, pictures do not always show the entire story and for a dealer to say only "good" condition would throw up a flag for me. I think it needs a black face painted on it and call it Jack.

My guess is they were going for burnt orange (UT Longhorns) but missed it by a wide margin.

I'm going to agree with both of you posters.....

BTW,,,I have ICL's with 20/15 vision....and I still see a POS in that ride

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back