State of the Union Address - XLR Net - 2020

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
Happy New Year everyone!

It's been a while...ok, a long while since of really posted any major site updates here in the forums, so I figured I'd take a few minutes and update all of our members and guests of what's new and what's going on here at the XLR Net.

While I may not post much here in the forums, I'm pretty much, always here working on the the web site.

A couple weeks ago you saw a large number of Service Bulletin additions to the XLR Net's Knowledge Base. I'll continue adding more content there as time permits.

Cadillac XLR Registry

What I've really been focusing on is the Cadillac XLR Registry.

I've been working diligently to add production information for each and every Cadillac XLR ever built. If you hop on over there, you'll notice that as of right now, all 2009 Cadillac XLRs built have been entered in the Registry. All 2006 Cadillac XLRs have been entered, however, only their VINs. I still have to enter all of the production data for them.

Right now, I'm focusing on the 2004 model year, since the options were very limited, and it's a lot quicker to enter the data into the database vs a 2007 or 2008 XLR/XLR-V.

A couple weeks ago, there were only 2,000 out of 4,000+ 2004 XLRs entered in the database. As of right now, There's 3,102. Slowly but surely, I'm getting there.

Remember, the purpose of the Registry is to track the production and owner history of each XLR built. Using the Registry's search functionality, you should be able to tell exactly how many XLRs were built with your particular XLR's color and option combinations.

Forums

I'm sure by now, most of you have gotten comfortable with the functionality of the forums here. Unfortunately, all things change, and so too must the forum software.

vBulletin - which built the software that powers the forums here, re-engineered the software years ago and as a result, the software that's running these forums is now the previous generation and no longer being supported by vBulletin. Eventually, it will no longer be compatible with the software that operates the server that our web site is on, and security vulnerabilities are no longer being patched.

After doing an extensive review of the new generation of vBulletin forum software, I feel that it would be an injustice to our members and guests to upgrade the forums here to vBulletin's new generation of forum software. In a word: it's horrible in terms of design, and layout.

As a result, I've chosen a new forum software which is actually built by the original software programmers of the vBulletin software. The design is clean, efficient, and mobile compliant with much better functionality and reliability than the vBulletin software.

I don't have an ETA of when I'll convert the forums over. It's going to require time and money which I just don't have at the moment, but I'm hoping that next month will be the time. I'll post a notice here in the forums in advance to let everyone know.

Other than that, this year, the XLR Net celebrates its 13th birthday!

Thank you to all of our members for making this the one and only, premier Cadillac XLR web site out there!

Thanks Rob for all you do to keep this forum up running, and our 2005 XLR’s turned Classics of 15 years this year! Good luck on updating the system and keep up the great work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I see you get most of them that are listed on a couple of sites like the auctions for totals but I don't see them from craigslist ads. I have sent listings with vins several times but they did not get listed. Do you have to have permission on private sales to list them?

• Admin
I see you get most of them that are listed on a couple of sites like the auctions for totals but I don't see them from craigslist ads. I have sent listings with vins several times but they did not get listed. Do you have to have permission on private sales to list them?

Where are you sending them to? I always update the Registry with any information that is sent to me.

Rob under the registry pull down I went to updates and sent links there. About three weeks ago I ran across 4 or 5 for sale and none of them showed up on the registry when I checked to see what options they had.

• Admin
Rob under the registry pull down I went to updates and sent links there. About three weeks ago I ran across 4 or 5 for sale and none of them showed up on the registry when I checked to see what options they had.

I haven't received any updates?

If you want, just post the links to the for sale ads in the Registry forum and I'll see them.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom