Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Stumble when throttle feathered

I would try running a tank of the highest octane non ethanol laced fuel you can find with a bottle of techron fuel system treatment. After that goes through if you still have the same issue it might be some type of sensor. A good mechanic can hook his scanner up to your car and watch in real time as you feather the throttle and cause the issue. He can see the values on sensors and such to determine the problem, since there are no codes pointing to the issue.

I would try running a tank of the highest octane non ethanol laced fuel you can find with a bottle of techron fuel system treatment. After that goes through if you still have the same issue it might be some type of sensor. A good mechanic can hook his scanner up to your car and watch in real time as you feather the throttle and cause the issue. He can see the values on sensors and such to determine the problem, since there are no codes pointing to the issue.
Done that. I’m beginning to think it’s hunting for gears rather than stumbling. It’s getting a flush and semi-synthetic tranny fluid at the dealer tomorrow morning. I’d love to have higher numerical gear ratio, but don’t want to spend the money.

Done that. I’m beginning to think it’s hunting for gears rather than stumbling. It’s getting a flush and semi-synthetic tranny fluid at the dealer tomorrow morning. I’d love to have higher numerical gear ratio, but don’t want to spend the money.

I had the tranny flushed and replaced fluid with Dexron 6 and no longer notice the hesitation

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom