Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

suspension module bypass.

MR Roadster

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 xlr
Has your 2004-05 XLR suspension module 10348979 shorted out due to water damage? Want to fix it without spending $3K. Switch to Z06 shocks and install this bypass.
This bypass removes the "Service ride control" & "Speed limited to 80 mph" messages on the Driver Information Center display.
$425 free shipping money back guarantee. Paypal accept. Send me your email address to Strandcaster@currently.com and I will sent you a Paypal request for $425. I also accept XLR parts in trade.
https://youtu.be/R_gMVR8XcBo

Last edited:
Has your 2004-05 XLR suspension module 10348979 shorted out due to water damage? Want to fix it without spending $3K. Switch to Z06 shocks and install this bypass.
This bypass removes the "Service ride control" & "Speed limited to 80 mph" messages on the Driver Information Center display.
$375 free shipping money back guarantee. Paypal accept. Send me your email address to Strandcaster@currently.com and I will sent you a Paypal request for $375. I also accept XLR parts in trade.
https://youtu.be/R_gMVR8XcBo
Are these modules still available ?

What year Z06 shocks do I order for my 2005 xlr ?
Any non-magnetic-ride shocks for a C6 corvette 2005-2013. I recommend the bilstiens but there are cheaper
ones available. Check rockauto.com for a good selection and price.

I am ordering the bilstein shocks. Your bypass does involve removal of defective module correct ? Cuz I really don't wanna leave it in the car as it is causing a parasitic draw on battery

I am ordering the bilstein shocks. Your bypass does involve removal of defective module correct ? Cuz I really don't wanna leave it in the car as it is causing a parasitic draw on battery
It's most likely not causing a draw. With the bypass installed you will be removing the suspension module.

Yeah, you need to check some other things on your battery draw. The suspension module is only activated when the key is turned on. Power runs thru it for starting but not when ignition is off. If it got wet I'd check the top module . it stays powered so you can open the trunk. All these are will kill a battery in a week to 10 days if not driven or kept on a charger.

So you have it now where it replaces the factory module , not just taps into it? And it turns off the 80 mph light?
That's correct once the bypass is installed the old suspension module can be removed. I've also created a new plug and play suspension module that restores the magneride system to factory specs. No splicing needed just plug and play. It took a long time to find the correct parts and build the module. If I were to sell these fully functional modules I would ask $750. Do you think that's a fair price?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom