Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! suspension

​Permanently or intermittently as needed for speed bumps etc.?

You can probably get a bit of height by adjusting the stops on the leaf spring pads but it sure wouldn't give you more that a half inch or so. The only real way to do it is to put it on bags and go full air ride. AirRex makes a good systems, but hold onto you chair because its around 7 grand before installation. It would probably be cheaper to have you driveway re-graded. I really don't think that it is possible to put the car that far up in the air permanently without really messing up all of the ride and handling dynamics.

Gary

the spring perch bolts may raise it 1/2 to 3/4 which will require new alignment .I do not believe you can correct the camber change if lifted much. The a arms almost bolt directly to the frames and you can shim when you lower but you cannot get negative camber if the arm is against the frame already. !0-4 on the air ride. then what trunk you have is gone for a tank.

Have you tried backing out of your driveway at a 45 to 60 degree angle,,,and then straightening the car out when into the street? That is the way I need to back out of my driveway without the front nose dragging some

Hi - I installed AFE coil-over shocks last year. I bit time consuming but did it in my garage. Also needed corvette ride control deletes - plug and play. About $2800 for the shocks. Have about 3" of manual level adjustability. The ride is much better than the stoke mag-ride shocks. With upgraded sway bars my car has been transformed in a really great handling ridding machine.

I’ve seen little wheels that bolt to the front lower frame assembly that help prevent the front from dragging on the ground in situations like this. They can be found on corvette sites. Heard someone had them on an XLR when he bought it. As the frame assemble is the same, no reason they wouldn’t fit. Be cautious as the frame isn’t really intended for this and a lot of hard hits can damage it. But I suppose dragging the frame on the ground doesn’t do it much good either.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom