Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

For Sale Tail Light Left and Right - Cadillac XLR 2004-2009

Use this thread prefix to post for sale items.

minihummer

My XLR/V(s)
2008 Black Raven XLR-V
2004 - 2009 Cadillac XLR Left Tail Light and Right Tail Light

Only for US Cadillac XLR (4 pin connector) see Pictures.
These Tail Lights have a side marker light.
The color of the turn signal is red.
Both taillights are in very good condition.
1 x Left Tail Light.
1 x Right Tail Light.
Not for European XLR (5 pin connector).
Low Miles (ca. 5000).
Original Pictures.
In the most European countries, the color of the turn signal must be amber.
That's why I had to replace these US Tail Light with European Tail Light many years ago.

The retail price for both is $ 1600.00 + shipping cost ($ 191.00)..SOLD.

IMG_20200418_180214.jpgIMG_20200418_175930.jpgIMG_20200418_173056.jpgIMG_20200418_173111.jpgIMG_20200418_173149.jpgIMG_20200418_173327.jpg

Last edited:
As I said before prices are coming down. here are two nice lights at a very fair price. with about 50 lights out there for sale I see prices continuing to come down even if others do not agree.

Man found after 3 weeks - buried under pile of hoarded taillights...news at 11...

As I said before prices are coming down. here are two nice lights at a very fair price. with about 50 lights out there for sale I see prices continuing to come down even if others do not agree.

No offense to the seller - it's his prerogative to ask what he wants, what the so-called 'market' is currently at (or better), but I for one, do not agree.

They're -maybe- 150 dollar chunks of plastic and wires and diodes, and deep down, you know it. Faak, you can probably get taillights for a -real- exotic (Koenigsegg, Hennessey, Bugatti, Pagani...) for less than that new.

It's just a General Motors 'Cadillac' that while exceptionally appealing to some, is still and will always be, just a General Motors 'Cadillac'. And, we know to lots of people, it's exceptionally unappealing because of numerous flaws and bull-poo-like lights being priced so astronomically.

To the seller in Switzerland, thanks for listing 'em. My offer is USD150 each + shipping, and I'll be more than happy to pass them along to anyone in North America who -really- needs 'em without making a penny seeing as mine are just fine. Sie können mir gerne sagen, dass ich mich verlaufen soll. :lol:

people have been paying 2000- 2500 each and about 20 have sold in the last year for those prices. Might not be worth it as you say. Just a bunch of plastic and diods. But some people looking would be glad to get a nice taillight for 900$. So what something is worth is truly up to each person. I did not think my BMW 507 was worth 1.8 Million but someone did . Just a bunch of parts all bolted together . When I restored GT40 108 we hoped to get a million for it. It brought a little more. Recently it brought 10 million so its all in the eye of the beholder.

people have been paying 2000- 2500 each and about 20 have sold in the last year for those prices. Might not be worth it as you say. Just a bunch of plastic and diods. But some people looking would be glad to get a nice taillight for 900$. So what something is worth is truly up to each person. I did not think my BMW 507 was worth 1.8 Million but someone did . Just a bunch of parts all bolted together . When I restored GT40 108 we hoped to get a million for it. It brought a little more. Recently it brought 10 million so its all in the eye of the beholder.

Apples to oranges a bit one has to say though I do see your point. We can't forget, the XLR isn't a one-off or a one of x-number (x being small) ever made.

I get people paying stupid (imho) amounts if people or companies insist on it, and perhaps have the means without the savvy to pay such a premium. It doesn't make it right.

Add to that, I'd wager a fair portion of those sold are paid for by insurance companies via repair shops or otherwise. Economics of course: do we scratch the car or buy it an overpriced taillight and a fender...

Neat cars you previously owned or got to tinker with. Must have been swell to have hopefully seen the profit, though somewhat bittersweet to see current values. I just don't see any XLR besides perhaps the EVOQ prototypes ever having much value. Not in my lifetime, probably not in the next one as well. :(

There will always be a place for those 'Leno-esque' or Lawrence Stroll types, with -very- deep pockets and a fondness for nifty cars. I think that's fine however it's a rather exclusive club and not one that I'm ever going to be invited to join. Not sure I would if I could.

I guess it all comes down to how GM screwed XLR owners over so badly with this 'lights' stunt that gets me most of all. This could be such a non-issue that our compatriot in Switzerland wouldn't think twice about just pitching those lights off to recycling.

;)

yeah you are correct. I was at a vintage race in Watkins Glenn and two cars came hard into the same corner. A mustang worth about 50,000 and a Ferrari GTO worth about 25 million at the time. Neither backed off and they both made it. After the race the two drivers were talking about how much fun it had been to race each other. The GTO guy was worth maybe a couple hundred million dollars and the Mustang guy was a mechanic making maybe 75,000 a year and owned his car Had they crashed the repair cost would have been about the same % wise to both owners. With all the problems on the XLR go read about the Mustang guys fighting ford on noisy engines and transmissions that fail. They are under warranty now but in a couple of years the cost to repair those cars will be higher than their value.

Wow, some of the nicest pair of taillights I have seen. I thought I was looking at new old stock at first.

Hello,
Thank you.
The taillights look like new. They were also only driven about 5000 miles.

Best Regards,
Bruno

You might want to sell the taillights on eBay. This site is not really a good place for XLR part sales. If someone discovered a brand new XLR hidden in a warehouse and posted it here for sale here they would be criticized for not giving it away to charity.

You might want to sell the taillights on eBay. This site is not really a good place for XLR part sales. If someone discovered a brand new XLR hidden in a warehouse and posted it here for sale here they would be criticized for not giving it away to charity.

Well, I think that's a little off-side but if it was the case, what charity would accept it, even if it was brand new? :lol:

"Thank youuuu, noooo, too difficult and costly to maintain and operate, and those lights costs if and when...? To the crusher!" :lol:

I actually not knowingly bought a new european passenger tail light a few years ago . I couldn't get my car inspected in canada because of the leds not all working in my existing light. When I installed the new one the amber lights came on lol . I had an electrician friend change the amber leds to red and replaced the burned out ones in my old one. I never used the euro one since it does look a little different but I have it in case of emergency . Your tail lights for sale look great , wish I had the extra $$$

2004 - 2009 Cadillac XLR Left Driver Tail Light and Right Passenger Tail Light

Only for US Cadillac XLR (4 pin connector) see Pictures.
These Tail Lights have a side marker light.
The color of the turn signal is red.
Both taillights are in very good condition.
1 x Left driver side Tail Light.
1 x Right Passenger side Tail Light.
Not for European XLR (5 pin connector).
Low Miles (ca. 5000).
Original Pictures.
In the most European countries, the color of the turn signal must be amber.
That's why I had to replace these US Tail Lights with European Tail Lights many years ago.

The retail price for both is $ 1600.00 + shipping cost ($ 191.00).

minihummer@gmx.ch

View attachment 9467View attachment 9473View attachment 9469View attachment 9470View attachment 9471View attachment 9472

yeah you are correct. I was at a vintage race in Watkins Glenn and two cars came hard into the same corner. A mustang worth about 50,000 and a Ferrari GTO worth about 25 million at the time. Neither backed off and they both made it. After the race the two drivers were talking about how much fun it had been to race each other. The GTO guy was worth maybe a couple hundred million dollars and the Mustang guy was a mechanic making maybe 75,000 a year and owned his car Had they crashed the repair cost would have been about the same % wise to both owners. With all the problems on the XLR go read about the Mustang guys fighting ford on noisy engines and transmissions that fail. They are under warranty now but in a couple of years the cost to repair those cars will be higher than their value.
"I would never buy a Ford have way to many of them ether burn up in a driveway or die in the middle of a desert; Ford motor company will not stand behind there flaw product."

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom