Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Targa conversion?

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR
Hello everybody, I am just throwing this idea out there and am curious if anybody has done this or thought about it. I am considering converting my XLR into a “targa”. Basically fixing the rear window section in place and fabbing some sort of latch and pin probably using the existing front latch system and some way to secure the back section of the top. I understand some people will think this is a stupid idea, but I think it would look awesome to be able to remove the center section of the top and be able to leave the rear window and small side windows in place. Thoughts and opinions welcome as well as any info if anyone has done this or even considered it.

Good luck. You should be able to shave off around 50 lbs. off your XLR by removing the hydraulics. Maybe a way to go tonneau, where you can attach or detach the top and leave it at home and save another 150 lbs.

If I decide to go through with it I will post details for sure. I am still doing some research and was hoping I wasn’t the only person who had this idea. So far that seems to be the case. Thanks for your response, nice to see at least one person thinks it may be interesting!

Good luck. You should be able to shave off around 50 lbs. off your XLR by removing the hydraulics. Maybe a way to go tonneau, where you can attach or detach the top and leave it at home and save another 150 lbs.

Attachments

• GJHK4975.JPG
    GJHK4975.JPG
    400.6 KB · Views: 357
  • SPWK1158.JPG
    SPWK1158.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 358
  • TCGO0351.JPG
    TCGO0351.JPG
    336.5 KB · Views: 365
  • UAXB0705.JPG
    UAXB0705.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 353
Maybe you could form a snap in cover for the rear section of the conversion, it may give it that finished look people are talking about... Um just sayin

Maybe you could form a snap in cover for the rear section of the conversion, it may give it that finished look people are talking about... Um just sayin
Thinking about making one out of the tonneau section that I removed since I won’t need it anymore.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom