Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Cadillac XLR was no Luxury Corvette?

We sure did - immediately followed up with "why?!" when we said they don't make them any more. Don't think we would have gotten the same commentary with a Vette - & don't get me wrong, I like Corvettes, I just REALLY like XLR's in all flavors.

I get the same questions "Is this a new model." People are always looking at it, most are asking their partner "what's that?"

I don't care what people write, I like mine! No matter what car you have there's always people with pros and cons about it. There are a LOT of articals about the smart car. It's different. My wife and I use ours as a work car putting 100 miles a day on it. It gets 38 mpg and keeps the miles off of our XLR. It rides rough and I wouldn't want to take a 300 mile trip in it but that's what our XLR was made for.

Every bells and due dads you can think of and more than most other cars. I too looked at a Merc but decided to stay American. We boight ours based on style and ride. I didn't know it was a glass car until a couple of weeks after we had it! DUH! I've had a few peoblems with ours but I fixed them myself after bringing it to an XLR tech that didn't find the problem. All of my DIC messages were caused by unsecured wire harness in the rear cubby hole. Once secured all DIC messages fanished! 22 mpg in the city and 26 - 27 mpg on the hyway. More power that I use but it's there :D

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom