Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The XLR tail lamps comception.

a couple of really nice taillights in excellent condition on ebay for 795 each. As I steted before prices are down and continue to fall.

Hi Sally.

My last verification on eBay they are from $1500+- to 2000+-

The nice lights that you saying, is the least that a seller has to do in cleaning them, however that do not means that the tail light in a very good or excellent condition, no body really knows it.

The expecting life balance of the old XLR lights are usely very low….. so at a pseudo $800 it still a bad deal.

IAN:(

well once again you show you do to know how to search ebay
04-09 CADILLAC XLR TAILLIGHT PASSENGER SIDE OEM TESTED! NICE! NO DAMAGE AT ALL! | eBay

he has both ,sent photos of all leds working.
I just bought a pair on ebay that needed polishing for 1100 for the pair. 2008 lights turned out perfect for 30 minutes work. If I did not already have a couple sets I would buy these . I may anyway since you seem to think the prices are too low and want to keep them high.
At 800 these are a good deal I don't really care what you think.

Now, now boys...play nice. ;)
The reason (if I may speculate), Ian is not seeing these is it's a US auction only. "May not ship to Canada" tends to limit results unless from here, you fudge the shipping address to something in the USA.

They are nice, look to be in great shape and the price...ah, still too rich for me. :( When they get down to the $179.50 range, I'll start stockpiling. Even that is imho being generous.

Oh, BTW I noticed you can still get a high brake light from RockAuto, brand new, for less than what most eBay sellers are asking for 'em, new or used. Just in case anyone wants a spare or three. :thumbsup

Hi Sally.

Good Show, my search this week for the tail lights on ebay included all tails lights, the one that you showing us was not on the listing that I have seen.
So the chance are this lights advertising was made just recently and the viewer are very low that indicate that its only some kind of a show.

You as an entrepreneur you have the connection$ with the suppliers of these lights, since you getting them at a much lower price then the ordinary XLR owner's it is not fair to make a such comparaison .

I am not asking you to care for me as since the day one when I made this thread for the XLR owners you are aggressively against my solution for a economical repair of the tail lights

Never the less I dont blame you for it, money talks.

Still like you…...bye bye Sally.

IAN:laugh:

Hi XLR Owners.

Find attached some photos of the XKE rear end, one is the original and the other is the modified one.

For the purist the original is the most admired….of course and i agreed, this most beautiful car is one of the best references as a luxurious sport car.

The Frankenroll one…. should be appreciated if this E was from a salvage yard and ready to be compressed in a steel cube, having this XKE back on road should be considered instead of saying it is a repugnant E.

9 out of 10 hate it... however if the above was asked as a question to them I would not be surprise that half of them will agreed with me.

I love the original and like very much the repugnant one. for the imagination from its creator.

IAN :laugh:

Jaguar-E-Type-Nissan-370Z-Lights-3-[1].jpg

1969_jaguar_xke_22_1553630857d6b49cjaguar_etype-09-620x427[1] (2).jpg

Hi XLR Owners.

Find enclosed photos of a BMW that the tail lamps ( 4 units ) board circuits had to be replaced.
Note that this BMW lights have an opening at the rear for maintaining the lamp board, each connectors are of 4 pins, the same as the XLR….could that fit on our cars.

I tought to inform all of us of that find, the cost is very economical.

IAN

61m5G7jB0hL._AC_SL1000_[1].jpg71X699Wn3aL._AC_SL1500_[1].jpg61ZXE4K61DL._AC_SL1333_[1].jpg

Google......Repairing A Cadillac XLR Tail Light.

Hi XLR members.

On google visit this, You Tube..... Goat rope garage ''You Tube Repairing A Cadillac XlR Tail Light''

He wont repair your tail lamp as it seems that the lens was damage, and seems also having problems in changing /welding all diodes, however is efforts are very good.

Good viewing.

IAN:blinzel:

pretty good video. for a get by repair. if you notice how warped he got the light. I think that is his second one as the first was toast .

Ian, I was just rear ended and due to damage to tail lights (cracked lens) along with trunk lid the insurance totaled it. I retained the car as I really feel the damage is fixable - mostly cosmetic, and have watched the videos you referenced on repairing the tail lights - however, my actual lights work, it's the lens that is completely shattered...do you know of a "similar" tail light that might fit inside the casing with some heating up of the lens plastic? I am contemplating on making a mold to cast a resin lens, but if you know of another car that has tail lights that aren't $2500 that have same shape/size I would be most appreciative! Thanks for your DIY posts, love the innovative fixes to keep the XLR rolling!
IMG_4603.JPG

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back