Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Tire issue

Bill S.

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 V, Raven Black with Shale interior
Hey

I bought four Pirelli tires in April of 2019 for the V.
2, 235/45 R 19 fronts
&
2, 255/40 R 19 rears

Put them on the car in June of 2019 at 71,000 miles
Currently the car has 76986 on it and the front tires are worn to the wear bars.

They are each worn perfectly even across each side. Car was aligned; drives perfect handles great, air pressures are between 32 and 34 and I keep up with it. The rear tires are still like great shape. What is the deal here? Is it just a soft tire? Called Tire Rack. They do not warranty tread life, but will give a 10 % discount to a new set.

Anyone with this type of experience?

Bill

Anyone with this type of experience?

Haven't read anyone else reporting this issue. Sounds like a alignment problem
or serious suspension issues.

Had the car aligned. Drives great; wear is both tires and is even . Air pressure is 32 to 34. What other suspension issues are there to consider? Original shocks still on the car. Car only has 77 K on it.

Bill

OMG. That's crazy. However, good to know. My '04 in storage for the season. When I take her out (april) I expect to buy 4 new tires. I was wondering 1) should I buy from my dealer because they have experience with the car and the TPM system. 2)Should I buy Pirelli or Michelin? Any comments are appreciated. Thx

the tpm system is very generic and any tire store can take care of it for you. the dealer is going to be 50% higher on tires I would think than a tire store. They depend on the walk in customer that they shock and say you need new tires and that customer does not shop around for price and service.

Ditto on the Continental‘s, they don’t make run-flats, but mine are 5 years old and 20k miles and still going strong. if you desire run flats, some members report that the Bridgestone Driveguards are a decent tire.

If someone can, please share the model tire when speaking brands. For my V, I cant see Bridgestone making any model tire that OEM front and rear sizes needed are available. Are folks putting the rear size on all four corners? I see the same across many tire manufacturers.

Cool thanks. I hear that is a great tire. Soulds like you enjoy them as well. Good to know. :)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom