Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! USB port

klausman

My XLR/V(s)
2006 laser red XLR
I was hoping to get some input on attaching a USB port to the sound system in the XLR. (i.e. has anyone done this, if so, what did it take?)

That's a new one. I don't remember anyone ever asking that. That would entail an entire custom rewire that's not worth it for most people. You'd be better off upgrading the head unit to one of the App radios that offers that

Thank you for the response rexter314. I appreciate the response.:wave:
You kind of confirmed my own suspicion on this, but one never knows, so I asked the question.
I was hoping to play my I-pod through the system. I can still enjoy the CD player, which is better than
nothing, and pretty much the same music that was transferred onto the I-pod.
It's all about convenience, and I have been spoiled :)
Have a great day!:thumbsup

If you're wanting an iPod connection, search for Ray Kawal here. He does a modification that doesn't entail opening up the radio unit. That's all I know about it. There are some others here that have done it and seem pleased with it, I THINK you lose your OnStar feature, but not sure. I bit the bullet and upgraded the sound system with a Kenwood last summer and couldn't be more pleased with the result. Another person here installed one of the Pioneer APP radios that looks pretty sweet

If you're wanting an iPod connection, search for Ray Kawal here. He does a modification that doesn't entail opening up the radio unit. That's all I know about it. There are some others here that have done it and seem pleased with it, I THINK you lose your OnStar feature, but not sure. I bit the bullet and upgraded the sound system with a Kenwood last summer and couldn't be more pleased with the result. Another person here installed one of the Pioneer APP radios that looks pretty sweet

Thanks again

Yes,

Search Ray Kawal. I just purchased his wire harness and the install is very easy. Can use my iphone now anytime through stock radio system.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom