Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Using Tech2 for injector balance test

TomP

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR-V
I have a tech2 clone. I set it up along with a fuel pressure gauge to test the injector balance. I get the error message "voltage out of range" when I try to initiate a test for any given injector. I have the ignition sw set to "accessory on", but there is no run position w/o starting the engine. :( SO, there is no 12 v applied to the injectors before, or when, the test is run. I don't even get a fuel pump enable so that the pressure can build ahead of pulsing an injector. Is there a setup step I am missing? Anyone know?
1626279261704.png
1626279288336.png

Last edited:
Do you have a copy of the GM service manuals? It should say what the state of the ignition should be.

If it needs to be in the "run" state, the GM manual will tell you that you need to simply hold down the ACCY button for 5 seconds to put it in "run".

Aha! I do have the service and owners manuals n PDF. I searched in the owners manual for such a setting (run) but saw nothing. I tried "double clicking" the "off"/"accessory on" side of the switch but I did not try press and hold. I'll try this today and let you know. Thank you much!!

Of course, that was the issue I was having. :) It all worked fine once I got the car in RUN mode and I made this video to show others. Thanks Richardyoo!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom