Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Vogue tires

nvme

My XLR/V(s)
I'm considering on replacing the run flats with Vogue half white wall with a goldline tires 235/50r/18 because my run flats are hard at 30psi and I feel every bump on the road. Does anyone have a opinion on the Vogue tires? I have a 2008 xlr base with 25k miles which is about half worn on the run flats. If anyone should be coming to Las Vegas Nv. and wants them you can have them FREE. How ever you must tell me soon so we can make arrangements for it so I can bring them home with me otherwise I'll just leave them at the tire shop, within the next 2 weeks.

You're very generous! I've purchased Vogues for my "vntage" Cadillac convertibles, and I am very pleasantly surprised by Vogue's ability to absorb annoying bumps in the road. I don't have them on my XLR, but will be very interested in hearing from others as well. I do love the tire decoration--- find the black walls uninteresting, and I believe some XLR members have posted pictures with their cars on Vogues. Hoping for additional feedback. James

I have an 06 Base with Vogue Tires. I don't like them. I have had them for 5 years and the car is driven very seldom and that's why I haven't changed them. I also don't believe you can get the white and gold stripe on the XLR.
I run Continentals on my 07 V and they are great tires.
John F.

You're very generous! I've purchased Vogues for my "vntage" Cadillac convertibles, and I am very pleasantly surprised by Vogue's ability to absorb annoying bumps in the road. I don't have them on my XLR, but will be very interested in hearing from others as well. I do love the tire decoration--- find the black walls uninteresting, and I believe some XLR members have posted pictures with their cars on Vogues. Hoping for additional feedback. James
Yesterday Discount Tires called me and said the Vogue tires were in and I went down there and they did installed them, it only took them about 1 hour, very efficient. Anyway they really look great, I'm very happy with them. They cleaned them up and when I got home I cleaned them with dish soap and water with a brush and they came out very white and the goldline is very bright. I read in the comments that it was hard to clean them, not true. The glue they used for the goldline at the factory (Diamond Back)sometimes drip on white wall but the tire shop removed that and it is very simple to keep it that way. So then I tooked on a little trip (about 50 miles) at it rides nice, not perfect but at least ten rimes better than the run flats. I would strongly recommend them for beauty and riide, they cost $325 each and for four and tax out the door was $1326.72. Oh! by the way it feels like the car is slightly higher then it was, I don't know if that is correct but it feels that way. Very satisfied

I have Vogue tires on my 04 XLR. Look fine, but they are a hard rubber tire. Not too good for chasing Corvettes around curves.

I have Vogue tires on my 04 XLR. Look fine, but they are a hard rubber tire. Not too good for chasing Corvettes around curves.
I don't know about hard rubber, may be? My dealer put in 38psi on mine, when I got home they were up to 40psi. What I run in my tires is in the spring and summer I put in 28psi which works up to 30psi when hot. In the fall and winter I put in 30psi and it cools down to 27-28psi. When I do put in 28psi in the winter I usally get a 25psi waring on one or more of the tires. I live in Las Vegas nv. and it gets very hot her (sometimes 115degrees plus) and in winter 45 degrees minus. So I average about 28psi and that's comfortable for me. Maybe you should try that, it might help.

.A cheap non contact thermometer can be your friend. After a good hard ride quickly check the tire across the tread in 3 or 4 places. dont worry about what the temp is unless you see a big difference but you should see a very close reading all across the tread if the pressures are correct. just one psi can correct a tire that is running with too much or too little pressure. the fronts will usually read hotter on the sides than in the middle which is fine. Its also a good way to check if you have bad wheel bearings or sticking brake calipers .If you get one tire running hotter than the others you have a problem ,

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom