Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! What is the brand used for the Cadillac XLR 4.6L radiator

JL-Z

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven XLR
What is the brand used for the Cadillac XLR 4.6L radiator
The water radiator was changed 1 year ago but there were still leaks; I had it changed again on the advice of my new mechanic because I have doubts that in reality, this radiator had never been changed.
I recovered the "old" one and would like to know if the DENSO brand was used by the factory?...

Looking forward to reading you

Denso is a very well made radiator. They do supply to oem and aftermarket just like ac delco does. i would suspect you have leaks under the throttle body hose or at the water pump. If you got a denso radiator installed a year ago either your installer damaged it or maybe was damaged in shipping. A pressure test would easilly show where its leaking and they have a very good warranty.

I took home the radiator which was normally changed (Denso) and it has blue lines of marks (therefore made in the factory).. which means that this DENSO radiator has not been changed!... This is logical since I always had this leak in the same place for 1 year... it was unlikely that it was a coincidence!... in fact it is a not serious garage!
The new garage that has just replaced the radiator for me this time has made this leak disappear (at present).

In the first time ,I haven't saw the blue line... sorry !

I took home the radiator which was normally changed (Denso) and it has blue lines of marks (therefore made in the factory).. which means that this DENSO radiator has not been changed!... This is logical since I always had this leak in the same place for 1 year... it was unlikely that it was a coincidence!... in fact it is a not serious garage!
The new garage that has just replaced the radiator for me this time has made this leak disappear (at present).
Do you have a link to the exact radiator? I can't find one anywhere

Réf. GM 10346017

I seen that one I just don't understand how it hooks up right it doesn't have the power steering cooler line on that one only the transmission cooler.

Not all xlr have coolers on both sides. The aftermarket ones only have one cooler.they show and use the partnumber for double cooler gm which is incorrect. The gm one with both coolers is no longer available from gm. A shop i know just spent several days finding the last one available. I have used the fully aluminum ones by getting a screw in fitting, cutting the cooler lines and clamping them on. Works fine. However one manufacture shows one now with the snap in cooler lines which woukd make it a bolt on. I ordered and will advise as this will be an issue from now on. Dozens of used ones for sale but i would not watse my money. Not only are they as old as yours but will go thru all sorts of rough treatment in removing and shipping which can lead to failure

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom