Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Whats wrong with people??

1BADXLR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Xenon Blue XLR
I dont get whats wrong with people, you'd think they would help me out and try to sell their XLR. If they are giving me this much hassle from e-mails, I probably would punch them if I was face to face. I just dont get it! Heres my emails... have your laughs!

Is the xlr still available. Where is the car located and what would you have to have for it.

Thank you for contacting East Coast Auto Source, your one stop source for quality, late model repairables and parts. Please contact our sales staff telephonically at (800)869-0655 for further details regarding this or any of our vehicles.

Thank you for your business.

I am unable to contact you by phone, I'm currently stationed in japan. I am interested in your 2004 cadillac xlr, what would you will be willing to take for it, is the title a salvage title, and would you be able to send me more pictures of the car, if possible the top lowering. also would you be able to set up a delivery of the car to minnesota.
Thank you

The XLR is still available. Due to weather today we would not be able to obtain pictures until 12/26, if weather permits. We can assist in arranging transportation of the vehicle to MN.

If you could forward my e-mail to a sales associate that will assist me with the '04 xlr. None of my questions have been answered, and no pictures received.
Thank you

Thank you for contacting East Coast Auto Source, your one stop source for quality, late model repairables and parts. Please contact our sales staff telephonically at (800)869-0655 for further details regarding this or any of our vehicles.

Really........

Nick,
Please let me know what you want additional pictures of.

I would like more pictures of the frame, to make sure its straight, also pictures of the top in motion. as well as some undercarriage photos. The more pictures the better, I cant justify buying a salvage car with only 5 photos. It says the car is in running condition, is there anyway you can send me a video of the car running? I would come see for myself, but its not possible at this time. What is the bottom dollar you would have to have for the car?

No response...
Clearly this place is hidding something on the car, whether it doesnt run, or the frame is bent, or something. They're rep isnt the best, and I'm not gonna chance it with 5 pictures. Btw, the reason I'm looking at a salvage XLR, I want to tear out the drivetrain and put a built up LSx motor with a procharger and shoot for the 1000 rwhp goal. Guess it will be delayed until I get back stateside. I will post a build thread once I start so you guys can follow it. 1 more year!!!

Yah that's sounds about right you would think with all the technology today it would be nothing to communicate in real time. Screw them their lose. I saw 05 light silver 70,000 on eBay. The owner said everything worked. He said there's minor rock chips on the front fascia,one of the lines on the oil filter housing was leaking,and a tire sensor is bad causing the stabilitrac to go on. He says everything works flawless engine,top etc. the reason I'm telling you is he was only asking 14,900. In my opinion it seemed like a good price. I also saw a dark blue on cars that had a salvage title cause of flooding. Person stated everything that was replaced cause of water which was a lot of modules. He did say everything was functional and in good shape. Believe it was in Virginia and he was asking 25,000 and the car had under thirty I can't remember. Question with the build your looking to do are you replacing whole drivetrain or engine only or engine and trans. That's sounds like something I would be really interested in keep us informed. Good luck

One thing I have learned about cars is stay away from anything that was flooded!!

Yah that's sounds about right you would think with all the technology today it would be nothing to communicate in real time. Screw them their lose. I saw 05 light silver 70,000 on eBay. The owner said everything worked. He said there's minor rock chips on the front fascia,one of the lines on the oil filter housing was leaking,and a tire sensor is bad causing the stabilitrac to go on. He says everything works flawless engine,top etc. the reason I'm telling you is he was only asking 14,900. In my opinion it seemed like a good price. I also saw a dark blue on cars that had a salvage title cause of flooding. Person stated everything that was replaced cause of water which was a lot of modules. He did say everything was functional and in good shape. Believe it was in Virginia and he was asking 25,000 and the car had under thirty I can't remember. Question with the build your looking to do are you replacing whole drivetrain or engine only or engine and trans. That's sounds like something I would be really interested in keep us informed. Good luck

I was actually keeping an eye on the same one on ebay, cant believe it sold that cheap! But the one I was trying to get had some front end damage,( I would replace everything anyways). I'm planning on ripping out the entire drivetrain, from engine to differential. And build it for road course racing, with lots of power, just something that hasnt been done before. I have alot of plans, and have the jist of the build written down, just need a solid XLR to start with. Preferably with the drivetrain in it so I can have a spare incase my blue one ever has problems.

Yah I keep my eye on prices and just what's out there. Good luck with your build sounds very interesting. As for a complete drivetrain swap can't just the engine be replaced. I've read that the trans is the same just a six speed,rear diff. Is the same diff gearing. I'm guessing but the block should be the same size just bigger exhaust and supercharger? When done would definitely be considered a supercar. Good hunting I keep my eyes open.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom