Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Wind Restricters

kmariebox

My XLR/V(s)
2007 Raven Black
Wondering if any of you have purchased a wind restrictor for your XLR on-line, through KING PENN? When I was looking at them last year, someone in this forum gave me some good advice on choosing which type, etc., to go with. I'm now ready to buy one, but dummy me never saved the info I was given & have a few questions again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look in mods

How's it going, I just asked the same question maybe a week or so ago. Lots of good responses both for and against. The thread is in the mods section. Hope this helps.

Here is a link to RetArmy's post a week ago

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/61623-post1.html

I'm having the same issue as some other posters where the double sided tape is not holding.
(Evidently the link only works in web view, for some reason Tapatalk doesn't recognize it)
Tim

Last edited:
Sorry for the delayed response :ugh:
Thanks for your responses guys! Looking into your suggestions right now.

I did receive the new double sided foamy tape as a replacement from WindRestrictor. It has fixed the sliding issue for now. The Customer Service Rep told me they had some bad tape already assembled in their warehouse and they thought they had removed them all from inventory.

I do like mine a lot. It really cuts down on the buffeting. I especially notice the difference on the recent chilly Ohio mornings that start out at 50 degrees. There is almost no air recirculating behind the seat as before. Still drive to work with the top down. That's what the heaters are for![emoji106]

I did receive the new double sided foamy tape as a replacement from WindRestrictor. It has fixed the sliding issue for now. The Customer Service Rep told me they had some bad tape already assembled in their warehouse and they thought they had removed them all from inventory.

I do like mine a lot. It really cuts down on the buffeting. I especially notice the difference on the recent chilly Ohio mornings that start out at 50 degrees. There is almost no air recirculating behind the seat as before. Still drive to work with the top down. That's what the heaters are for![emoji106]

Do you have the windows up or down?

Much like some other posters here, up at highway speeds, down anywhere else. The buffeting is really increases above about 55 mph. Of course when it's 50 degrees, I have them up and run the heat on the upper vents and seat heater on. 45 degrees is about as cold as I go. I kept my logo small and glad I did. Really doesn't obstruct rear view.
6c19f98b60b1ddf493b1af7c0bc17691.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry