Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

wreck near buffalo, for parts ?

lextoy

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Liquid Amethyst
saw this one on ebay,

$_12.JPG
just over the border from buffalo NY in canada, maybe a good parts source for locals up that way, or could contact them for what you need.
2006 xlr 22k

if anyone is ambitious, looks like its got aftermarket exhaust? just a bit too far for me to go unbolt it ;)

04 05 06 07 08 Cadillac XLR Wheel 18x8 566871 | eBay

Last edited:
What happened here?

I've been trying to figure what happened to that car.

Rear doesn't indicate a rollover. Front end damage and collapsed roof says end over end. Did it run under the rear of a stopped truck?

Did the driver survive this event?

What are your thoughts?

Looks to me like the top was down and is folded into the truck. Someone put the hood over the top to keep the rain out of the interior. Strictly a front end accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hard to tell what happened to the windshield... is it crushed down? or still in original position?
interior shots arent much help as they threw everything inside!
i was thinking lots of good parts in the rear end, lights, hydraulic pump, computers, rear diff if someone was going to do a 3.42 swap
from a 22k car things should be decent if it doenst sit out and rot too long.
interior must be wet by now, thats a shame as theres lots of good parts from doors seats consoles wood trim , that people would want.
someone needs to go check it out
i bet it has the rear sway bar parts as well...
and get the VIN so we can add it to the registry!

Registry has been updated 0922 2006 shows destroyed Sept 2010, if that is correct why so long before it showed up with parts for sale

hard to tell what happened to the windshield... is it crushed down? or still in original position?
interior shots arent much help as they threw everything inside!
i was thinking lots of good parts in the rear end, lights, hydraulic pump, computers, rear diff if someone was going to do a 3.42 swap
from a 22k car things should be decent if it doenst sit out and rot too long.
interior must be wet by now, thats a shame as theres lots of good parts from doors seats consoles wood trim , that people would want.
someone needs to go check it out
i bet it has the rear sway bar parts as well...
and get the VIN so we can add it to the registry!

I am going to have a look at it this week. Anyone with special wants? Looks like Cashmere interior.

Gord.

saw this one on ebay,

View attachment 5341
just over the border from buffalo NY in canada, maybe a good parts source for locals up that way, or could contact them for what you need.
2006 xlr 22k

if anyone is ambitious, looks like its got aftermarket exhaust? just a bit too far for me to go unbolt it ;)

04 05 06 07 08 Cadillac XLR Wheel 18x8 566871 | eBay

I checked with Miller Auto Recycle this morning. Sadly the vehicle has been scrapped!!!
I called again later today and was told the trunk lid was sold for $300. No other parts or interior available. I was told it was scrapped a year ago.

Last edited:
"I was told it was scrapped a year ago.'

Wonder why it was listed on eBay recently, unless lextoy was mistaken?

maybe they had pulled the parts they wanted and scrapped it a year ago? and now still trying to sell the parts they kept ??
thats a shame if they scrapped it with most of the parts still attached.
if its local i would go take a look, i bet they are clueless about whats out there and what isnt...
probably still sitting there

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back